Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESTRICTED ACCESS

Kevin Descheemaeker October 14, 2022

Hi 

I have a team of freelancers that we are working with and would like to implement Trello in our company however I do not want to share everything with everyone.

I have a Company workspace and in there I have 5 Boards (Marketing - Shop - Sales - Jobs - Service) in for example Jobs I want to add individual jobs and assign 3 crew members to it.

However, I don't want these crew members to see other jobs of their colleagues on that board. how do I restrict them from seeing these?

2 answers

0 votes
Çiğdem Büyükaşik
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 16, 2022

Hello @Kevin Descheemaeker,

Cigdem from Hipporello here. Our CEO offered a solution here, but I can see that his answer has been removed (wondering why @admins? because the answer was a direct solution to the problem and isn't this community all about?)

We've built many web apps as Trello Power-ups with group-based access control in each. And one of them is Trello Card Sharing App, which allows you to publish Trello cards or parts of them on a web portal, access to which can be controlled by you. Give it a try and let me know if it helps! 

Best,

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2022

@Kevin Descheemaeker 

Echo what @mustafa sener _Hipporello_  had highlighted.

I would normally recommend to my client attach contractors’s email to the card and send them the job details. There are several ways to do this depending on your workflow and budget. 

• There is also a power up to handle private share. 
  • You can create portal handle sharing. Etc
  • A client sends the card or copy of the card to the individual's board when when work is done it is notified /checked off on the primary or source card

Kevin Descheemaeker October 15, 2022

Hey @milynnus thanks for the insight. I could add everyone to the board but my problem is that some our crew members are freelance so I don't want them to see all the other upcoming jobs as that might create discussion between crew members, 'why are you on this job and not me'. So for that, it would be nice to actually assign the specific card to a crew member while they can't see the other cards in the board.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2022

@Kevin Descheemaeker 
I created an idea for a Canadian prospect to use a power up that will allow to assign by send an email to the freelancer for the job. All freelancer will use a observer Trello Id to read the cards only. They should be able to report completion via a form on the email. 

Yesterday I worked on a custom power up for share a card where the freelancer will sign in to a portal to view his/her assignment. 

Here's are some pictures of the project.

Screen Shot 2022-10-16 at 4.42.01 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-10-16 at 12.00.12 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-10-16 at 12.00.19 PM.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events