Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on Standard from a current Gold subscriber.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2021

Can a member of the Trello team provide more details on the impact to current Gold subscribers?

In particular, I am most interested in the use of the custom field power up. Does it mean that custom field is not available to Free users?

I saw this (500 for free plan) ...am I correct it is for "per Workspace"?

1000 Butler automation command runs per month per Workspace

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2021

Hey @milynnus 

check out https://help.trello.com/article/1327-trellos-plans-update-and-faq and https://help.trello.com/article/1323-what-to-do-if-your-gold-membership-is-ending

Those 2 pages explain some of the changes you're asking about, especially the impact to Gold.

The "Custom Fields" power up enabled on existing boards will continue to work, but on any new boards, it's now a paid feature (and no longer a power-up).

Yes, it's 1000 command runs per month per workspace.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2021

@Felix 

Thanks. The part about custom field is very concerning. Is there a migration path for existing Gold to standard?

I read the faq. The part on number of automation is bit confusing. The faq made no mention of “per workspace”

Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2021

Is there a migration path for existing Gold to standard?

You can purchase a Trello Standard subscription for any of your workspaces - there's no automatic migration for Gold.

The faq made no mention of “per workspace”

Thanks, we're updating the docs as we get feedback like yours :)

We're moving all the Automation quotas to be workspace based.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2021

@Felix @briancervino 

The new enhancements are great. But I cannot appreciate this (less I am wrong)As a current Gold paid subscriber, I am now worse off than a free plan subscriber in the few areas (1) my automation is capped at 250 for the account vs 500 per workspace. (2) new boards I cannot add the custom power up. Am I correct? I went onto my boards to check these. Not sure whether there are others.
I have about 11 months of my subscription to go.

Update: submitting this for same Reddit post where Michael had responded. Almost quite sure this morning , the quota page was something like "Your account" instead of your "Your Workspace". In any case, 250 is still less than 500 for free subscribers.

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 12.07.21 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-08-25 at 12.06.27 PM.jpg

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
August 25, 2021

Custom fields is no longer a power-up. So people that are still subscribed to Gold cannot add it to new boards and free users cannot add it to new boards. The change we made to sunset Gold and introduce Standard included this. 

My recommendation: contact support and get a refund for your Gold subscription and then use that to start a Premium subscription on a Workspace. It will actually be LESS money because we are giving Gold users 60% off Premium for the first year.  Or just sign up for Standard. 

Szechuan Sauce August 25, 2021

Hello,

The "Custom Fields" power up enabled on existing boards will continue to work, but on any new boards, it's now a paid feature (and no longer a power-up).

Would Custom Fields continue to work on new boards if a paid user were to downgrade to Free? If not, what would happen? Thank you.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
August 25, 2021

No.  

To be clear, custom fields is no longer a Power-Up.  It is now a paid feature available in Standard.

If you purchase Standard and enable custom fields on your boards, when you downgrade to free, the fields would no longer be visible.

Like Szechuan Sauce likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
briancervino
Atlassian Team
August 24, 2021

Hi!

Custom Fields is now a core feature of the newly introduced Standard plan.

If you already have the Custom Fields Power-Up enabled on a board, you will be able to continue using it on that board so long as you do not disable it. 

Regarding Butler automation command runs, per Workspace is correct. 

Hope that helps clarify things.

- Brian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events