Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Questions Regarding Subscriptions and Billable Status

If I am reading the current announcement correctly then on Sept 7, regardless of existing subscription status, all personal boards will be merged into a single workspace and the existing subscription will become a temporary Premium account for 60 days (also regardless of the duration of the pre-existing subscription). 

At that point users will have to decide if they want to default to a free account or select a new subscription plan under the new pricing scheme. 

I very much enjoy using Trello. It is an excellent top down interface for managing multiple collaborations. However, the new $ per member per workspace cost structure is quite alarming to small business owners who might have many boards in use at once. If I could get some clarification on how the billable status will work going forward, it would greatly alleviate the concerns I have.   

My organizational structure involves making boards with a single contractor and/or client and coordinating on that board. Typically I have 30-60 boards in use at time where each board has only myself and a single collaborator that is not on any other board. 

In this situation, lets say I decide on a Premium plan (because it has nice features); it is my understanding that plan applies to the Workspace, not to my account and that if I added any other members to this Workspace I would be paying an additional fee per member added? 

Also in this scenario; lets say I have 30 boards on my Workspace and in each board is 1 contractor. Are these 30 contractor on independent boards in the same workspace considered guests and thus non-billable? Or at each of these contractors considered a member of the workspace and thus billable? 

Additionally; are members of teams on boards that get integrated into this mega-workspace on Sept 7th going to be considered members or guests and can this status be changed before billing occurs? I don't relish the thought of suddenly being billed for 30 members who were supposed to be guests because of flaws in integration. 

1 answer

0 votes

Hi,

There is a lot going on in this release so how it affects everyone may be different depending on their situation.

Just for clarity, 99.99% of our user's boards have already been moved into Workspaces.  We delayed moving Gold users boards because we wanted Standard to be there.  All free Workspaces can only hold 10 open boards (that isn't new).

Gold subscriptions will NOT convert to Standard or Premium.  If it renews after September 24th, then it will be cancelled automatically.  If it renews before September 24th, it will renew one more time unless you cancel it.

The boards to Workspaces migration will happen in 14 days for Gold users.  At that point all the boards will be moved into one Workspace which has a Premium trial on it.  I believe you've been sent a coupon where if you decide to upgrade you will get 60% off of the per user price for one year (for all users).

Workspace pricing is based on members (people that have been added to the workspace) and multi-board guests (people that have been added directly to a board, but are on more than one board).  If you add your contractors DIRECTLY TO THE BOARD, but do not add them to more than one board, they will get all the paid features, but we will not bill for them.

https://help.trello.com/article/1123-multi-board-guests

Thank you for the prompt answer; 

What about existing teams and team members? How will that migrate to the new status?

Additionally, if I were take all my personal boards and just collect them into groups of 10 (per workspace) would that prevent them from being merged into a single massive workspace? 

I believe all your boards will move into a Workspace if you do nothing, but because the other users are just members of your boards, they will become "Guests" of the workspace.  A guest is just someone that is on a board in a workspace, but isn't a member of the workspace.

If those people you work with are only on ONE board, then they won't be billable.

Regardless, if you move all your boards into Workspaces before the migration, then yes - that will prevent them all from going into one.

Like ZakuraTech likes this

@Michael Pryorwait, there's a 60% coupon on upgrades?

This is for existing Gold users, right?

I don't think I received it, am I able to be sent one?

That just might be enough to swing me over to a premium plan.

It's not actually a coupon I think - it just gets auto applied if you make a workspace and pay for Premium on it if you are a Gold customer.

@Michael Pryorsorry to bring this up again, but I've got the trial for a workspace plan but I'm not seeing any coupon in the billing summary (i.e. what I'll start getting charged once the trial ends). How do I know the coupon will apply?

You should contact support via Trello.com/contact

Like Caedan likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,304 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you