Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about checklist percentage

Vinicius August 25, 2020

Is that a way to set differents percentages weights to tasks in a checklist? For example, in a checklist with two tasks, I want it to show 90% completed when I check the most time-consuming task.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2020

@Vinicius  The simple answer is the % is purely based on number of items completed over the total number of items in the checklist.

In the strict WBS discipline technique that I am taught, each entry in WBS (work breakdown structure) should be a deliverable or work product (you can literally count them is a list) ...only the lowest level is a task where effort is the correct measurement ie mandays (not days).

In Trello for checklist items you can assign to one person with a due date using advance checklist. I don’t think you can turn Trello to a true pm tool.

This is a well written article
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/A-Review-of-Trello/ba-p/1456044

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2020

@Vinicius there isn't, but if you sub-tasked your cards with Butler like this:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392

then you could add a weight to the cards in a custom field and, when the card is archived, update a "percentage complete" field on the parent card by adding the weight from the completed card to the current value in the field.

Vinicius August 26, 2020

Thanks! I'm new to this but I could figured out how to create subtasks and link its completition to the parent card. The only thing I'm missing is how to set a weight to a card.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2020

@Vinicius I think the trick is that you have to find the first card linked in the attachments, then *lookup* the card with the trigger card link. That way you can increase the custom field value on the parent card by the weight on the child card. If the weights on the child cards all add up to 100 then that means you've got a percentage complete in your custom fields:

2020-08-27 at 5.41 pm.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events