Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting Text Content in completely without it breaking each line into tasks

Teri Jo Wheeler May 31, 2022

Hi i am new to trello and can't figure out how to put text content into cards without the trello system separating each line space of the text into separate tasks.

eg: If i want to put this in: 

John is my friend.

I have known him for 25 years and we met in high school.

He is clever and funny. 

---------

That piece of info comes in as three separate tasks. I do not want this. 

Help... I have searched for help and can't find the answer.

thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

Hi @Teri Jo Wheeler ! Welcome to the community :) Are you referring to the checklist items within your card as shown below?

checkist.PNG

When adding the title of the checklist item, if it has line breaks like so:

Item A
Item B
Item C

Trello will generate 3 separate checklist items. I don't believe there's a way to turn off this functionality. If you'd prefer all of that information to be contained in one checklist item, you would need to enter it in without line breaks:

Item A Item B Item C

When replicating this with creating cards, Trello asks if you want separate cards or just one card:

line breaks.PNG

If you wanted, you could reach out to Trello directly to see if this is something they could implement for checklists as well! https://trello.com/contact#/

Yes, this is the problem.

When I put it on 'just one card' it all gets jammed together and is hard to read which then makes it useless for me to use trello for content - as I have lots of text to store here. 

Also, I am not sure of the trello contact purpose above. All it does is loop me back to here. Is there anyone actually from trello we can chat with or talk to?

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

Right, so you're referring to the cards rather than the checklist items? If that's the case, the card titles are designed to be a single-line field. Generally, you would use a title to quickly summarize what needs to be done. The description inside the card can then be used to elaborate further (from there you can format your text).

You should be able to submit a ticket to Trello if you scroll all the way down the bottom. See below (FYI this was taken from a free Trello account).

Inkedtrello contact_LI.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events