Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Trello board that is only accessible by link

Nason Tackett September 30, 2021

I have a board that has 1 person who modifies but dozens who need to view. I want to pay for Butler but its astronomically expensive if I have to pay per user. I could make the board public but it contains customer data that should not be public to google and the Trello community. If it could be visible to those who have the link and not listed anywhere, this would work perfectly. Is there some way to disable it from being listed anywhere? In the description of what public means, it states that it is browsable by the Trello community (whatever that means). 

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2021

@Nason Tackett you shouldnt need butler to accomplish this, and i don't think you actually need any premium features. You should be able to create a workspace, then add everyone to that workspace, and update the board settings to disable comments and reactions. To be fair, I'm not actually sure this removes the ability to edit. (I think that's an Enterprise feature with Organization views, but I'm not 100% sure on that.)

Also, you might be able to set up a board where you're workspace is premium/enterprise, but if the other members are only part of that one board, they would be considered single board guests, and you wouldn't be charged for them unless you tried to add them to another board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events