Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Public Trello board that is only accessible by link

I have a board that has 1 person who modifies but dozens who need to view. I want to pay for Butler but its astronomically expensive if I have to pay per user. I could make the board public but it contains customer data that should not be public to google and the Trello community. If it could be visible to those who have the link and not listed anywhere, this would work perfectly. Is there some way to disable it from being listed anywhere? In the description of what public means, it states that it is browsable by the Trello community (whatever that means). 

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner Community Leader Sep 30, 2021

@Nason Tackett you shouldnt need butler to accomplish this, and i don't think you actually need any premium features. You should be able to create a workspace, then add everyone to that workspace, and update the board settings to disable comments and reactions. To be fair, I'm not actually sure this removes the ability to edit. (I think that's an Enterprise feature with Organization views, but I'm not 100% sure on that.)

Also, you might be able to set up a board where you're workspace is premium/enterprise, but if the other members are only part of that one board, they would be considered single board guests, and you wouldn't be charged for them unless you tried to add them to another board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,406 views 28 42
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you