Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress Bar Power Up

Marvin October 19, 2018

Hi Community,

Is there a progress bar field I can use for a card in Trello? Like for example I create a card in list, then I add a field that I can edit that will show the progress bar and percentage of how many is completed against the number that it is supposed to finish? So if I put in 50 out of 100, the progress bar will show 50%.

Thanks for your help,

Marvin

3 answers

4 votes
Lauri Reidma October 17, 2022

Hey @Garrett 

"In the meantime, I'll be sure to let the team know that you would like to see a field for this on the list itself."

Is there any news about this?

0 votes
Allen -Amazing PowerUps-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2021

Looks like you can now do this with the Amazing Fields powerup. 

See: https://trello.com/power-ups/60e068efb294647187bbe4f5

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2018

Hey Marvin,

We currently don't have a field outside of cards that can be used to create a progress bar.

You can however create a checklist within a card and link individual cards to that checklist like so:

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 11.21.51 AM.png

You can link the cards to the checklist following the instructions here: https://help.trello.com/article/824-sharing-links-to-cards-and-boards

In the meantime, I'll be sure to let the team know that you would like to see a field for this on the list itself.

Thanks!

rich May 17, 2020

I would love this feature too!  It would be very helpful in many of my projects.  I could definitely use a progress bar on my Trello cards for a lightweight Agile project so a team member could let me know how far along is a feature (25% done... or 99% done).  Tasks or subtasks on a card don't necessarily provide accurate measurement on overall progress, since each task/subtask is weight differently.  Some can take days, while some can be finished in a few seconds.  

Besides that, I found this community post while searching for a progress bar power-up for my personal trello board.  I need to prioritize my work by marking down what percent is a project to producing cashflow.   For example, moving a slider on my project card, I can see a progress bar showing that my YouTube video is 67% to producing cashflow in yellow.  As it approaches 100%, the progress bar (or progress meter) turns green.

Please let me know if anything like this is in the works or currently available for installation!

Thanks,
R

Like # people like this
Marc Pfeiffer October 17, 2020

Would be amazing to also filter the cards by their progress so do a filter to show only cards that are 75% done or more.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events