Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with using automation containing email notifications.

Dustin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2024

I have a list on a board, that will only ever contain two cards... One labeled Oxygen and one labeled Nitrogen.. I am using a power up, amazing fields, to create a field where a user can enter an inventory number for the specified gas on each of the cards, to keep track of empty or full bottles. 

i set up Amazing Fields, to post comments when changes are made, and im using these comments to trigger notifications for ordering inventory.. I am using the regex modifier to filter comment triggers so i get an email stating "order oxygen" or something to that effect. 

everything is functioning great. except for the email.. im getting an email for Both cards, whenever i update one.. 

for example, im updating nitrogen, and i get an email telling me to order nitrogen, followed by an email to order, oxygen. 

ill attach some pics for reference

any ideas? or alternatives to my need? 

trello automation regex.pngnitrogen card.png

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2024

@Dustin I think it's because both your triggers are if a comment contains nitrogen/oxygen, OR, full, OR, 2. So, if a comment contains "full" for example, then that would trigger both of your automations. 

You might be able to achieve this with one rule. Maybe try:

"when a comment containing "Field '{*} - FULL' changed from '{*}' to '2'" is posted to a card.....with subject "ORDER GAS - {wildcard1}" and message, {wildcard1} INVENTORY HAS REACHED 2 FULL PACKS."

If I'm understanding correctly, you want to be notified when the field value is set to "2" and the email content should be different depending on whether it relates to nitrogen or gas. Is that right? 

Dustin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2024

YES!, That is correct, i gave your commands a try and so far they seem to work beautifully? is there anywhere specific that i could see these commands? like regex and wildcard etc. Does trello have an advanced literature?

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2024

Great! Glad to hear that's working for you 😊 there's a guide on wilcards here but unfortunately nothing on regex! Have a search in the community and you'll find some examples of how people are using it. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events