Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with automation button

Bianca Marinelli April 28, 2023

Hello from Brazil,

I am using trello to automatically send e-mails to my peers with their job responsibilities. They can not have access to my Trello due to some company restrictions. We also aren't allowed to create a shared space. To make my life easier, I've created an automation button to do almost everything to me, and it was working perfectly until yesterday.

It is supposed to work like this:
I set my card description manually with the e-mail I want to receive the notification, and the automation sends the e-mail. Unfortunately, the following message appears on my screen after I hit the button: The email address xxxx@outlook.com is invalid.

The automation is:

Screenshot at Apr 28 11-59-11.png

Send an e-mail notification to: {carddescription}

With subject: XXXX

And message: XXX

No mistakes related to miss typo are being made.

Please, may someone help me?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Bianca Marinelli 

From what you have said, I am wondering if it is because the email address in the card description is being formatted automatically.

An explainer as to why it broke for you, it's down to the new description editor I think.

See how I've entered in my email address below:

Screenshot 2023-04-28 164540.png

If you click on the M↓ button to show the markdown, this is what is revealed:
Screenshot 2023-04-28 165340.png

Which of course isn't a valid email address

The new editor adds this formatting automatically.

My suggestion (assuming you have a paid Trello subscription is to have an email custom field and use the automation:

"Send an email notification to {{%Email Address}} with subject xxx and message xxx"

Bianca Marinelli April 28, 2023
Thank you for helping me. Unfortunately, it’s still not working...
The following message is my return when I hit the automation button:
No email address to send to.
Do you have another idea, please?
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2023

Do you mean it doesn't work when you switch to putting the email address in a custom field?

Bianca Marinelli April 30, 2023

It worked! I did what you said, and it's now working. Thank you SO MUCH!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events