Problems with Card Repeater power-up

Cedric Hartskeerl September 15, 2021

Hello,

We have been experiencing some problems with the Card Repeater power-up since about two weeks ago. It doesn't happen with all of the repeating cards on our board, but about half of them no longer show when the next repeat will occur, and our settings also aren't shown when opening the repeater menu from the card. Also, after opening one of these cards, the repeat icon will disappear and then reappear about 5 minutes later.

However, as far as we can see most cards still repeat according to how we set them up, we just can no longer check their settings. Which is kind of difficult considering we use a lot of them. Removing and re-enabling the power-up doesn't solve the problem. Is there anything else we can try?

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2021

@Cedric Hartskeerl I've started to prefer using Butler/automation to automatically create a duplicate card on a set schedule rather than using Card Repeater Power-Up. You can try setting up a rule like this under the Calendar section of Automation.

image.png

You'll also have some more options for customization, like variables in the card name (like the day or week of the card, that way you can sort out which repeats are which), and you can easily edit the rules from your Automation settings. 

Cedric Hartskeerl September 16, 2021

Oh that does seem very useful. I will definitely give it a try, thanks!

Lars-Erik Mickos November 8, 2021

The butler automation is very versatile, but with its limitations on executions per month I prefer this power-up. It is also much faster and user friendly to use this power-up.

Like Lori likes this
Luiz Felippe Rodrigues March 15, 2022

I decided to try butler automation as per @Brittany Joiner suggestion and realized this option works better for me. For some reason card repeater stopped working on my board and was not working for new cards. I tried different approaches to make it work again such as refreshing the browser, login out and back again without success. Moving to automation did the trick and further more with a lot of other options to customize the card creation. The option to make the new created automation task run righ away is a good feature because it makes you can check if the card has been created as expected. 

2 votes
Carlos Silva October 31, 2022

I'm also experiencing difficulties using the Card Repeater Power-up. It's not saving new repeats and I'm always getting the same message: 

"Repeating Cards

It looks like something went wrong.

Try again"

I understand that the Butler can be a workaround, but it would be nice to have the power-up working again!

Thanks

0 votes
Michael Nero July 25, 2022

@Brittany Joiner Automation? Are you talking about Butler? This is overkill for what I need. I just want what has been released for GA to work...not too much to ask in my opinion.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

@Michael Nero yep i am talking about Butler, but its just one rule. Just trying to provide a workaround, I actually find it easier than the card repeater power-up and I'm happy to show you how to set up a rule if you'd like! But i see you're also following up with support on the power-up, so that should hopefully yield some more success if you want to avoid automation

0 votes
Michael Nero June 27, 2022

This is still an issue. Will it ever be fixed or is the protocol to ignore it and hope it goes away?? Not going away! I'm complaining as you can tell...

Why would I commit to using a tool that does not work? Maybe a Trello alternative is the answer?

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2022

@Michael Nero what's the issue you're seeing? and have you tried to use Trello Automation for creating repeating cards?

Michael Nero July 13, 2022

@Brittany Joiner If I try to set a repeat or edit a repeat after it just hangs there and never saves. Also there are times when the repeat event does not fire and so there is no repeated card.

Like # people like this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2022

@Michael Nero you could reach out to support and mention is as a bug. As I mentioned in my other comment, I actually prefer using automation instead of the card repeater power-up to create recurring cards so maybe you want to take that route?

Michael Nero July 25, 2022

The support page says "For specific account or billing questions, security concerns, or answers not available on our help site, we’re happy to help."

How about technical support?

Like Lori likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2022

@Michael Nero i think that falls under "answers not available on our help site"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events