Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem add in extract trello to excel

Daniela Fernandez February 24, 2022

Hello community! I had a problem this morning, I have my integration add in from trello to excel. But now it appears a message whithin excel, in the Export section, that the add-in is being retired and will be unavailable soon. 

When I click to see the details it doesnt' appear anything, I'm worry as I used this add a lot to track budgets. So I was wondering if someone has the add in integration from trello to excel and if has the same issue. Three days ago I used this integration, so it is a very recent change. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

trello issue.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2022

Hey @Daniela Fernandez - I'm not aware of any Trello add-in for Excel, do you know the name of it? It may not have been created by Trello. 

We do have an Outlook add-in, which is created by Microsoft. If you have questions about this add-in, you can reach out to Microsoft at trelloaddin@service.microsoft.com

Daniela Fernandez February 28, 2022

Hi Alex, thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate it. 

As you mentioned, I contacted the creator and he said that the trello add in for trello, will not be available anymore for personal reasons he said, it seems he has a new job and he cannot host the add in.

I hope Trello team can work in a similar integration, it really worked awesome.

While Trello generates ownership between the team, the integration allows you to extract the information from the cards and create very good analyses that you could update with the cards in a single click :) 

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2022

@Daniela Fernandez - can you please confirm whether or not you're using the Outlook add-in I mentioned previously, or another add-in, e.g. https://extracts.io/?

Daniela Fernandez March 17, 2022

Hello Alex, sorry for my delay response. I confirm that I have the Outlook add in, I use through my company. But the add-in that I mention is one separated from the Outlook one. The add in for excel I found it in the microsoft store, is the one that you are mentioning. Extract io 

This add in with excel is super useful to extract the boards and make budget analysis. Our team use trello to track budget and create ownership among the team members, so for us that is amazing for the kind of work we do. So first we used the power up “custom fields”, so each card has a budget and other budget categories and a team member linked with the budget. Then, the manager, with the extract add in, can pull the information with the Extract button in excel, and track budget with pivot tables. In Trello you can export the information through the export option in Trello settings or also the Board Export Power Up is useful. Nevertheless, both option lack of an integration with excel. So, with the Extract.io add in, you extract the board once, then set up de pivot tables and then in just one click, you can refresh the data every time there are changes in the budget in the cards directly in Trello, with this feature, you have a “live” and “dynamic” excel file.

With the Board Export Power Up or the export option in Trello settings: a) you need to extract and download a file every time you need updates, b) then you need to copy the information in the file you downloaded c) paste it in the first file you set up the pivot tables d) review if everything match with the new paste information or make adjustments in row and columns.

As I said with the Extract.io add in, the process is easier, super quick and straightforward: a) export the board o boards once b) set up the pivot tables c) as soon as you know that there is a change in the cards, you just go to your excel file, click “extract Trello” and then the data base downloaded for the first time, will refresh automatically because of this integration allowed in Trello and excel, and your pivot tables will reflect the latest change made by a team member that owns a budget.

I hope this help to understand how this it works. As I said, this add in is different from Outlook add in, which I use too. I you need further information please let me know. Would be great that Altassian could own the add in it allows to create different data analysis and the greatest thing is that you can create a “live and dynamic file” with your team.

The creator of the add-in, told me that he can no longer be the host anymore, because he has had a new job and it cost him $ 100 a month to maintain the add-in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events