Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private card for member on team

Nguyễn Đức Vương December 21, 2017

Hi everybody,

I have team. I create private board for team. I create workflow on board. I want private card only admin and user assigned can view card but now all members on team can view card. How can I do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2017

Hello, Nguyễn Đức Vương!

Boards are all or nothing in Trello. Either you can see every card, or you cannot see the board at all. This unfortunately means that as of this time, you cannot have cards that only certain people can see.

Something you may consider as a workaround is to attach either a Google Drive or Dropbox file that only the right people can see, and attach that to the card. Then, put all of the card information in that, instead. That way you still have that information somewhere on the board, but when clicked, only those with the right share permissions can actually open and read that document.

Also, feel free to request this as a feature by emailing feature-ideas@trello.com :)

Hope this helps!

Nguyễn Đức Vương December 22, 2017

Thank you for reply. I'll try to use Drive to share on trello.

Rick Alberts January 19, 2022

"Boards are all or nothing in Trello. Either you can see every card, or you cannot see the board at all. This unfortunately means that as of this time, you cannot have cards that only certain people can see."

Is this still the case? I was looking to upgrade to a premium or enterprise account if this feature is now available.

Like # people like this
Adam L_ Turco February 8, 2022

This seems like it should be an easy update. Any word on this? 

Adrian Cerdan August 26, 2022

You've added great features via Trello Premium. The one sticking point for my team is the fact that you can't hide cards from "observers." Almost every project software, Basecamp, rocketlane, etc.. has this feature.

0 votes
Michael March 16, 2024

I am updating this answer because there is now with a powerup called  Hidynotes.

Admin managed private notes powerup that allows you to add your notes. You can switch on and off users as you need, add attachments, images, text etc. 1 board is free unlimited users.

https://trello.com/power-ups/652cd18cd9ce322b3e03bebe/enable

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events