Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Board can be searched trough Google

Riyan P November 2, 2017

In my understanding, when we set a board to private, only member of the board could see the data. 

Today I found that it can also be searched through Google. Only happens to one of my 12 boards though.

I have made sure that the board is private, but until now (when I wrote this) i can easily look using google search. Not only the data (cards), but also the activity.

I have asked Trello using message in help section, but there is no response yet, except the auto reply email.

Can anyone please explain? 

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Shamvil Raza November 30, 2017

Hi Riyan,

I'm not too sure why that happened, have never come across any such incidence where private boards are indexed by Google.

You can use this link to remove search index.
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals?pli=1

Cheers,

Shamvil Raza

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2017

Hi Riyan,

I found your message, and I do see that we responded yesterday.

The only way that a board will show up in Google results is if it had at some point been Public. After you move it to Private, Google may keep the board in its index unless the removal is requested by you.

Riyan P November 5, 2017

Thanks Michael,

I have checked activity log but couldn’t found activity that indicates changing of board visibilty, which should be logged as “xxx made this board visible to its members” or “xxx made this board visible to public”.

It is currently private, and there is no visibility change logged. So it should mean the board is private since it was created. Please cmiiw.

Jason Telmos April 4, 2018

Hey Riyan,

I'm running into the exact same problem, did you end up finding a solution? How did you end up getting everything resolved? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events