Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prior employees with the same email address as current employees. Public name and usernames

David Nichols April 8, 2022

I could use some help and thanks in advance to all who assist. We used to use Trello at the company I work for  but stopped using it. We realized the value of trello and are now using it again. However we have had some attrition and now have some new employees who have the same email address as past employees. The issue is that the past employees with the same email address also had trello accounts set up with the email address. Now when the new employees login to trello, the past employees name shows when I try to add them to our workspace. They have updated their username and public name but I still see the prior employees name when I try to add them to our workspace. Does anyone know how to resolve this so the current employees name is displayed when we add them to our workspace?

1 answer

1 vote
Artemis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2022

Hi @David Nichols, welcome!

Hmm, updating the Full Name of the Atlassian account should sync over to Trello nearly immediately, but it could take some time for those changes should push through. The Public Name section is used on the Atlassian Community forums but shouldn't affect the Trello name.

Can each person double check that their full names are updated and saved on their Atlassian account profile? They can check here: https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility

David Nichols April 11, 2022

It did not sync over to Trello. It still shows the past employees name

Artemis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2022

Hi David, if that's the case then I'd encourage you to write in a support ticket to the Trello team at http://www.trello.com/contact and file a bug report - that will let you speak with a member of Trello's support team who can look closer and help determine why the name change didn't sync over. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events