Print report showing checklist for each board

Cheryl Webber April 22, 2022

Is there a way to print a report showing the To Do List & Checklist for each board?

1 answer

0 votes
Artemis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2022

Hi @Cheryl Webber, welcome! Yep, you can likely achieve something like this using Trello's Butler automation integration by creating a scheduled Calendar command that creates an email report. Butler isn't super technical in nature but it takes some time to set up, and I'll share an example at the end.

When the scheduled Calendar report command runs, Butler will send you an email showing all of your card's checklists on the board, and you can then print out that email to keep a local copy. Keep in mind that there are limits on how many checklists (and information in general) can appear in a single email, in order to evenly distribute Butler's resources and prevent abuse, so you may need to create several Butler report commands depending on how many checklists you want to print out. 

Butler also has command quota limitations on workspaces using free and/or Standard subscription plans, meaning that you can run up to a certain amount of commands per month depending on your plan. The Premium subscription gives unlimited command runs per month. 

Here's a couple of resources to get you started:

You'll need to use the variable "{cardcheckliststate}" to show the checklist items in the report. Butler replaces the variable text in your report with the right information.

I've created an example Calendar command that you can try out:

every friday at 8:00 am, create a report with all cards with an incomplete checklist using pattern "{cardcheckliststate}" group by list, and send an email notification to "your-email@domain.com" with subject "All checklists on {boardname}" and message "{$report}"

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 10.59.59 AM.png

If you set up this command exactly as I have it in the screenshot you'll get a report of the state of all incomplete checklists on your board. You don't have to wait for the scheduled date and you can click the small rocket ship icon after saving the command to run it immediately and test it out.

screenshot.jpg

Give this a try and let me know if you have any questions. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events