Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print cards with attachements--->if Agile Cards stops the 1.10

Moritz Schiess September 26, 2023

Hi there,

We were printing cards with attachements (jpegs). Now Agile Cards announced, that it will no longer be in service starting 1.10.2023.

Does anyone know another possibility for us to print cards with jpegs in trello?

pls let me know.

Thank you

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Robot Lawn Mowers Australia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 4, 2023

Loosing Agile cards or any reasonble way to print custom format in a trello card is a show stopper for us. We use these as physical job cards and hard copy reports for our customers.

We will need ot find an alterntive system now and move away from trello that we have loved for a long time now. 

I really hope Trello do something about this very soon.

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2023

@Moritz Schiess 

I am currently helping someone with a similar issue. His is a bit more complex. He has to generate QR label sheets and have the available for printing. 

Why isn`t anybody else involved in this. The Agile Cards power up was very common used. I checked all the other power ups but i couldn`t find something similar...

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2023

@Moritz Schiess 

What is your use case wrt to the attachments on the card? 

We print reports for construction sites wich include

-Checklists with information

-jpegs from the construction site

We send them as pdfs to the architects together with a bill.

With Agile cards this was easy to achive in one step.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2023

@Moritz Schiess 

Another client has about the same requirement but his client were not agile card users. While there is a solution to send attachments, he was unable to send attachments with custom fields without having to duplicate the templates across 100 boards. I have created a solution that allows him to send emails using templates and allow him to list the attachments, share checklist, labels, custom fields, other card variables etc. For the attachments, they are served out via microservice. The email is based on a template contained in a email template card description (since it support rich text.

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 9.50.40 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 4.15.17 PM.png

Moritz Schiess September 28, 2023

With Agile Cards printing a card showed all the labels/descriptions and so forth and, if there were jpegs as attachements, showed them in the pdf as pictures.

For us, this was the solution we needed.

For sure, i could download all the attachements with another power up and paste them together, but this is one additional step in the workflow.

The solution you sugested, as far as i understand ist, is not solving this problem im afraid.

But Thanks a lot for helping.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2023

@Moritz Schiess 

Currently the output is being sent to sent as an email. The format is determined by the template which is built out of a card description  

There is nothing that prevents us from creating a pdf since it allows am for card variables, custom fields, labels, checklist with assignee, due dates, attachments etc to be included in template. 

In fact for this client, we have worked into the workflow that he can use Contalist to decide email recipients, indicate which attachments to include and with a click of a button sent out emails to the recipients. So no need to download because the email will contain all the attachments. It can now handle ms files, pdf and images. 

ps this client was not using agile card. The client with the agile card needs labels for his inventory items printed. 

Moritz Schiess September 28, 2023

And for this solution we need to buy something from you for it to work?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2023

@Moritz Schiess 

Haha 😂 we are not allowed to self promote here. They are came to me via other freelance platforms. In fact it was the client’s consultants that contacted me in both cases. 

Also it is not doing what you wanted because to download automatically, if I am not mistaken,  it has to be performed in a power up. For this reason, the QR Sheet is deposited onto a card as an new attachment of all the custom QR labels. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2023

@Moritz Schiess 

I modified the microservice and now by adding <<images>> to the template, the email will now show images.

Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 3.42.04 PM.png

Moritz Schiess September 29, 2023

Okay.....If i like to test your solution, how do i do it?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2023

@Moritz Schiess 

Let’s schedule a time to chat via Google meet. I have temporarily activated a private booking on my tidycal. The link is on my profile page. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2023

@Moritz Schiess 

I am going to setup a self drive test board. I can add you as a guest

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 8.17.27 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events