Prevent duplicated records being added using Unito

Tracy Brigham April 21, 2023

Hi, I am using Unito to sync data to cards and firstly create the card.   I want to prevent duplicated cards being added by matching a customer field value (Stock No.).

Is this possible?    So, when the data comes in, I need a rule that checks the card and archives it if there is already a card with that no.?

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

Hi Tracy, I thought Unito had duplicate detection rules but it has been many years since I used it.  

I have built a duplicate detection in Trello involving putting the unique number in the card name. It is a little convoluted and clunky by it does work

Rule 1,

When custom field "Stock Number" is set, rename the card to {customfieldvalue}: {cardname}

Rule 2,

When a card name starts with {*}:{*}, find a card starting with {wildcard1}:{*}, link the cards together and add the orange "Duplicate" label to the card

Rule 3,
When the orange "Duplicate" label is added to a card, find the first card linked in attachments archive the card and unlink

Tracy Brigham April 23, 2023

Thank you so much I got this to work and it's doing exactly what I need it to do so thank you.

Tracy Brigham April 23, 2023

Hi Dream suite Mike,

Can you assist me with where to add on a rule to the above trial to remove the label from the original card (Obviously once the duplicate card has been archived and link deleted)?

I thought it would need to occur prior to breaking the link but it didn't so I put it after the breaking link step and still doesn't do it.    I understand Rule 3 needs the label to find the card, but I want the label to drop off once it's done the job it was intended for.

Tracy Brigham April 24, 2023

Hi Dream Suite Mike

Can you help me with a bug in the above rules, I have tested this, but it doesn't trigger when the card is added from Zapier Zap.  it conducts the 1st rule but not the 2nd when it looks to match the card title which are identical from rule 1?  Does the rule need to be different for Zapier Zap?

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Try changing rule 1 to:

"When a card with custom field "Stock Number" set is added to the board, rename the card to {customfieldvalue}: {cardname}"

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Hi Dream suite Mike,

Can you assist me with where to add on a rule to the above trial to remove the label from the original card (Obviously once the duplicate card has been archived and link deleted)?

I thought it would need to occur prior to breaking the link but it didn't so I put it after the breaking link step and still doesn't do it.    I understand Rule 3 needs the label to find the card, but I want the label to drop off once it's done the job it was intended for.

For this, you should be able to modify rule 3:

"When the orange "Duplicate" label is added to a card, remove the orange "Duplicate" label from the card, find the first card linked in attachments archive the card and unlink"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events