Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pretty timeline export

Lukasz March 24, 2021

Hello All!

I am trying to integrate Trello more fully into my workflow. So when previously I would sketch out a project timeline in a memo using simply a table in the Word file, now I'm thinking to create a project task breakdown in Trello from the outset - and then hope to somehow get a pretty timeline that I can still embed in my memo.

I was hoping the new timeline view would help, but it doesn't. It doesn't print well at all, and if I try to take a screenshot then the card names get truncated. 

So I thought of exporting the whole list to csv to make a timeline myself in Excel, but the problem now is that in the exported file I only have the End Date field - and no Start date, so I can't create activity duration spans.

Does anyone how suggestions on how to best get a pretty, publishing-quality board or list overview timeline out of Trello?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lukasz March 25, 2021

In the end I pulled the card data through the API and used ggplot2 to make my timeline. A bit of an overkill.

Grace Granillo June 4, 2021

Had the same question/issue! Especially since I can't find a way to color code the timeline view like a Gantt chart. 

0 votes
Genti Tola November 29, 2023

Hello there!

Card Time In List allows to export durations of each card in a board:

-you can extract durations until or past due date

-or you can exteact durations in each list

Cheers!

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Hi @Lukasz 

welcome to this wonderful community

Mostly the problem is that Trello lives from being online and available for all team members all the team and not being printed out. I understand that it would be good showing it to someone but wouldn't it be easier to just send an link, take your laptop or pad with you. 

Imagine someone works on your board on the way to a meeting and some things are changing during the meeting - you wouldn't be up-to-date. 

Sorry but a cool print out is nothing I can help you with. 

For the first overview you can probably try to make a screenshot and work with Zooming to get all cards on or make several and put them together.

Lukasz March 24, 2021

Thanks for your reply Fabienne,

Any suggestion on how to get the start date in an export then?

Lauren Sluben January 21, 2022

I was searching for an answer to this exact thing. While not the answer I was hoping for, I will accept it. And would love to know how to get start date in the export!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events