Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Trial is Expiring. Ready to Pay for Standard

Scott Mullen October 27, 2021

Our premium trial is expiring. We have tested and researched features and are ready to pay for Standard.  How do we move to the paid Standard without losing any of the work we did in the Premium trial.  For example, we have advanced checklists in use (available in Standard).  If we allow Premium to expire in order to "downgrade and then upgrade" to paid Standard, what happens to our checklist data?

Please advise

Thanks,

Scott

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2021

Hey @Scott Mullen, you can't move to Standard while on the trial, so you'd need to let Premium expire, then start Standard immediately. Your Advanced Checklist data shouldn't be lost, and will reappear once you start Standard, as well as other features such as Custom Fields. There's also a 24 hour grace period where you can quickly change. 

Scott Mullen October 28, 2021

Thank you @Alex Waite

Our premium trial is expired now and we will pay for Standard. One problem though is our Trello workspace does not show up in the Atlassian account where our company's admin goes to make payments?   She can see our Jira and Confluence applications but not the Trello I have been using with my team.  I did use our company address when starting the Trello free version and Premium trial.  Who can assist with this?  I have created a ticket but have not received a response.

CherylR78 November 3, 2021

@Alex Waite - is there no way to move to Standard from the Premium trial before the trial ends? I will not be available on the day the trial ends to hurry up and switch to Standard (on vacation/will be offline) and more importantly, I want to add a second user to my workspace now, and so I need to get on a paid plan to do that. Could really use some help on this.

Like # people like this
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2021

@CherylR78 - we're working on the use case of moving to Standard while on a Premium free trial. You can add users to your workspace at any time though, you don't need to be on a paid plan to do this: https://help.trello.com/article/715-inviting-people-to-a-workspace

If you're still having issues, I recommend raising your own thread in the Community or raising your issues with Trello Support

Thanks @Alex Waite . I have reached out to Support a couple days back with no response so far, so I was hoping perhaps there was an answer in the Community. I came across this thread which is my same question and I didn't want to start a new thread on a topic that was already existing.

Currently, I am unable to add additional users because I am on a trial which states it only allows one user. And since I am unable to get off the trial to a paid plan - where I could add the additional user - I am stuck waiting for Support to either help me get on a paid Standard plan, or waiting 11 days from now for the trial to end and risk losing my boards - all while keeping my client waiting who wishes to see/work on the boards in my workspace right now.

I didn't realize it was going to be this hard to give Trello my money. Certainly makes me question it but unfortunately my client is familiar with this tool and so it's their preference. Being able to easily convert to a paid user should really be goal #1 for a modern SaaS company. 

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
November 3, 2021

@CherylR78 As I said before, you can add other users while on a trial - you can add users to your workspace at any time. Can you tell me what your ticket number is so I can find it and respond to it? 

You're already a paid user as you're on a trial. You can add users to your paid workspace at any time. There may be settings you've set stopping you from doing that, etc. so if you tell me what your ticket number is I can look into it. 

@Alex Waite My ticket # is CA-1566787.

I invited someone and it shows them as "Virtual" and says I'll be billed the Premium rate when they accept the invite. But I don't want to pay the Premium rate because I want to be on Standard yet I'm unable to downgrade to Standard. So that's when I wrote Support to get help with moving to Standard, presumably before she accepted the invite and I was overcharged.

I don't know how to tell when she does accept or if she'll still be "Virtual" but after-the-fact, I also noticed the text on the billing page says "Free trial for Trello Premium with 1 user(s) for the period October 31, 2021 to November 14, 2021" and I additionally read in the support documents that you can only have 1 user on the free trial so I assumed that was the case. 

1) If you can have other users on the free trial, perhaps the documentation should be updated to reflect that.

2) If the second user can't be added for free, and the user is going to be forced to pay the Premium rate because they're stuck in the Premium trial, then that's not a great path either. Not sure how hard it is to get a refund on the overpayment that I wouldn't have wanted to make?

End game - I'm just trying to get on paid Standard. I can take it from there if anyone can help me get on that plan.

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
November 3, 2021

Hi @CherylR78 - found your ticket, it was with another team. Let's correspond there from now on.

Just as notes for anyone who uses this thread as a resource though, which we will work through:

• You can have as many users as you wish while your workspace is on a free trial and it'll be free - wouldn't be a free trial if we didn't allow this. I'm not aware of any documentation that doesn't indicate that
  • Your billing says 1 user now as you haven't added any other users, and will change if you add other users but still be free until the trial ends
  • Virtual users are users that have been invited to boards but haven't yet created Trello accounts - you still won't be billed for your user after they create their account if they do so while in the free trial, you'll pay for them after you continue the Premium subscription or move to Standard after the trial
1 vote
Answer accepted
Emre Bodur October 27, 2021

I don't believe that Atlassian is deleting data by switching licensing because of that reason. Deleting data is more painful for a Software Vendor than only blocking access to premium features.

Scott Mullen October 28, 2021

Thanks @Emre Bodur 

Atlassian has confirmed same (data will be available once the upgrade is completed)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events