Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerup loading failed - localStorage not enabled even though cookies are excepted

RJ March 1, 2022

Every time I click on a card I get the following error:

Power-Up Loading Failed

Your current browser settings prevent Trello from initializing power-ups.

Trello uses the browser to store local authorization settings. Your browser's current settings deny this access.

To continue using Trello power-ups, please follow the instructions for enabling localStorage access. If you need further assistance please contact support@amazingpowerups.com.

I followed the advice in the link provided.  Since I have cookies blocked I added a special exception for [*.]trello.services

But I continue to get the error.  Do I need to close all instances of the browser and restart?

1 answer

0 votes
Paul O_Neill March 1, 2022

I had the same problem - you need to enable third party cookies as well as following their instructions.

It's seems to be in the latest version of the Chrome, Brave, etc.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2022

Are you on Version 98.0.4758.109 (Official Build) (x86_64) ?

RJ March 1, 2022

I am on this one:

Google Chrome 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (64-bit) (cohort: Stable)
Revision 273bf7ac8c909cde36982d27f66f3c70846a3718-refs/branch-heads/4758@{#1151}
OS Windows 10 Version 21H1 (Build 19043.1110)
JavaScript V8 9.8.177.11

RJ March 1, 2022

@Paul O_Neill That defeats the purpose of blocking third party cookies and allowing a special exception for Trello, which is what their support page suggests one do.

RJ March 1, 2022

I am on this version

Google Chrome 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (64-bit) (cohort: Stable)
Revision 273bf7ac8c909cde36982d27f66f3c70846a3718-refs/branch-heads/4758@{#1151}
OS Windows 10 Version 21H1 (Build 19043.1110)
JavaScript V8 9.8.177.11

@RJ I totally agree but it's the only way I could get it to work in the latest Chrome/Brave browser :(

I'm on Chrome Version 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (64-bit) in case it makes a difference

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2022

huh. I feel like my chrome is default version and I haven't changed much and enabling the AmazingFields Power-Up works fine.

oh could it be that amazingpowerups sets their own cookies? There may be a wildcard like *.amazingpowerups.com or amazingpowerups.com that you could Allow to get that particular Power-Up to work?

Like Paul O_Neill likes this

@Michael Pryor I tried that but as soon as I reset Chrome to Block 3rd party cookies I get the same error as RJ

RJ March 1, 2022

Hmm..I noticed a checkbox below the chrome cookie exception option:

"Including third-party cookies on this site". 

Checked that for [*.]trello.services just to see if it made a difference but it did not.

RJ March 1, 2022

Ok, I fixed it.  The support page is wrong. 

The error goes away when I add the cookie exception for 

[*.]trello.com

Please update the support page or provide correct guidance if this is inaccurate or creates a security loophole.

Like Philippe Bro likes this

Nice one @RJ that worked for me too!

Did you include 3rd party cookies in your exception? I did but would like to remove it if possible...

RJ March 1, 2022

I did.  You can remove that and see what happens.

BaBOING! #fail

Looks like we need to click Third Party cookies on that exception - but at least it works without globally nasty settings 👍

Philippe Bro
Atlassian Team
March 2, 2022

Thanks everyone ! The help article is now updated for Chrome and Firefox to reflect your findings :-)

RJ March 2, 2022

Atlassian management should create a bonus pool for bug fixes :)

Philippe Bro
Atlassian Team
March 3, 2022

We do already ! -> https://bugcrowd.com/atlassian
This one wouldn't fall under the scope of the program but I'd still send a box of chocolates to each of you if it was up to me :P

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events