Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power ups not working in desktop app

Marte Olavsdatter October 14, 2022

None of my power ups are working in the desktop app. Works perfectly fine in the web app. I've tried a hard restart and the app is up to date. If I wait some time, I can open the settings for the power ups, but they are empty. It seems to be a problem with every power up that's not from Trello. Especially Amazing Fields and Hello Epics. I can't even open the settings for Hello Epics.

Anyone else had this problem the last couple of days?Skjermbilde 2022-10-14 131051.pngSkjermbilde 2022-10-14 131707.png

7 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Morette
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2022

Hello everyone,

Development teams are already researching for the root cause on this issue. I would like to ask to attempt to logoff from the Desktop application and try to logon again to see if this can act as a workaround for this problem.

If the above do not work,  please try to reset the local data (Help -> Reset local data) and see if fixes the issue. If don't work either, kindly get the logs to us by going to Help -> Export logs.

More samples are welcome to help on the investigation, if you are a developer of a Power-Up who is facing this issue, please submit a Bug to Developer Support: https://developer.atlassian.com/support

Best regards,
Rodrigo.

Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2022

Thanks Rodrigo!

In addition to what was said, if you are encountering this issue, please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing with the broken Power-Up(s) on you board. It would help a lot.

Stacy Nadeau October 18, 2022

I have this same issue. Amazing fields are working in the browser but not the desktop app. I tried to log off and log bag on, this did not help. I do not see Help and then Reset Local data as a Help option. 

nichole_lingenfelter October 18, 2022

Experiencing the same issue with Amazing Fields.  I have reset the local data, logged all the way out and back in.  Nothing seems to be working. 

Ilya Gusarov
Atlassian Team
October 18, 2022

@nichole_lingenfelter could you please report the issue with attached logs(Help -> Export logs) to https://trello.com/contact

1 vote
mustafa sener October 14, 2022

One of our users has same problem. And it seems that, it happened after latest update of desktop app. Our user uses  Trello desktop app with version  2.13.8-517 on macOS.

Jireh
Atlassian Team
October 17, 2022

Hi there, could you explain what exactly your user is seeing?

When you say a power-up "isn't working", what exactly is not working? Are there parts of the power-up that see broken but parts that do still work? Or is simply "everything" not working?

We also received reports that Power-Ups made by Trello are working fine. Did your user also observe that too? 

Thanks in advance for your reply, any and all information will help us a lot.

1 vote
Allen -Amazing PowerUps-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2022

I have started receiving a lot of user feedback this week with problems using Amazing Fields in the Trello desktop application.  I don't know if there was a new release of the desktop app or some other changes, but I don't think you are alone.  

What I have recommended as a workaround that seems to be working for some users is to use the browser interface for Trello to edit the powerup settings and then use the browser or desktop version to do work with the cards.  

Someone more familiar with the Trello desktop app will need to chime in as to a better solution for all the non-Trello powerups.  Sorry I don't have a better answer.

Jireh
Atlassian Team
October 17, 2022

What about your PowerUp is not working for users on the desktop app? Just the settings page (as shown in the original post's screenshots) or also the fields that are added to the front/back of cards?

Allen -Amazing PowerUps-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2022

What was reported was the settings page.  I have been in contact with several users but have not been able to reproduce it myself yet.  Definitely a frustrating bug to hunt down.   

I will continue to hunt and will let you know if I find anything.

Thanks for all your support!!!

Jireh
Atlassian Team
October 19, 2022

Thank you for working with us!

The reason I ask is because one major difference between the settings page and the card front badge of your power-up is the use of HTML rendered iframes. Your settings page (i'd assume) is an iframe serving HTML from your power-up server. While the card front badge that you render is not an iframe.

So if your power-up's settings page is broken but your card front badge is not for the users that are affected, that would give us a hint to the problem.

Stacy Nadeau October 19, 2022

My settings page and my card amazing fields do not work. 

Jireh
Atlassian Team
October 19, 2022

@Stacy Nadeau Do the card front badges for Amazing fields still work? Card front refers to the card when you are still in the board view (i.e. you have not "clicked into" a card yet and it is visible in the list)

0 votes
Derek Mossman Knapp July 19, 2023

my desktop app is working but not the web-- the web never asks me for authorisation ? Should both versions ask me for authorisation or is once on one or the other enough ? 

0 votes
Camille POISSON May 23, 2023

I have the same problem actualy.

0 votes
Marte Olavsdatter October 18, 2022

I've not been at work since I made the post, but checked now and everything seems to work fine again!

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2022

@Marte Olavsdatter could you try reporting this to trello support? Seems like a bug they might need to fix:

https://trello.com/contact

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events