Power-ups disappeared after getting new computer

Deborah Bates May 25, 2017

I recently got a new computer and after setting up Trello on Chrome for Windows 10 I thought everything was fine until I tried to add a card today. That's when I noticed that my power-ups were missing. I know there are two because another board shows that it has 2 power-ups but I've never used power-ups on that board. One of the power-ups I'm missing is the custom field but I can't remember what the other one is and every time I click on power-ups it tells me I've used all my power-ups.

I know there are two because another board shows that it has 2 power-ups but I've never used power-ups on that board. One of the power-ups I'm missing is the custom field but I can't remember what the other one is and every time I click on power-ups it tells me I've used all my power-ups.

It won't even give me the option of removing the power-ups I've supposedly used. The board I used to have 2 power-ups on now shows only one but even it won't allow me to remove that one power-up to change it to something else.

I've also discovered that ALL of the EXISTING information on cards that was put in using those power-ups is now GONE!!!!  I am hoping and praying that it can be recovered because I don't know if I can recreate it since it goes back several months at least. It had email addresses and other very important information in it and it's GONE!! ALL OF IT!!

Why can't anything be easy??? I just want my power-ups back like they were.  I don't understand why they were changed in the first place. Please give them back. Is that too much to ask???

3 answers

0 votes
sam_John October 7, 2018

nice

0 votes
Deborah Bates May 30, 2017

Thanks for your response, Michael! I've never sent out invites to anyone so I would never have gotten the free months of Gold. Support reached out to me shortly after I posted the message and they are working with me on this.

Oddly enough, over the weekend (before support could do anything) my power-ups reappeared. I thought support had already fixed it until I got a message from them today asking me to click a link to give them access to my account.

My Trello has always acted a little weird though. I get a notification dot on the tab but when I go into it, nothing is there. I reported that to support months ago but nothing ever came of it. So I just click on the tab to clear off the dot and ignore it. It's frustrating though because I never know if it's a legit warning or not.  I swear I'm tech jinxed LOL. 

I swear I'm tech jinxed LOL. My brand new Acer laptop (bought May 12) had to go back to Acer today because the battery suddenly won't hold a charge. I've always used my laptops on AC with the battery in as a backup in case the power goes out and then I close out of whatever I'm doing and shut down within a few minutes.

Sunday night it was working fine. I got up Monday morning and noticed the battery icon in the system tray. I thought "that's weird, it's not been there before." So I hovered my mouse over it and it showed I had less than 2 hours charge remaining and about 40% of my battery left (I'd been using it for a little while before I noticed it but not that long).

So I started trying to figure out what was going on. I couldn't so I contacted support. They told me to reset the battery and that should fix it. It didn't so they told me to send it back and they'd work on it. By this time I had less than 20% of my battery and I was frantically trying to get everything backed up (that I'd changed since it had been installed on May 12). My battery died in the middle of my backup so I didn't get everything. I have to hope and pray that they don't do a factory reset on the hard drive or I'm screwed.

So I started trying to figure out what was going on. I couldn't so I contacted support. They told me to reset the battery and that should fix it. It didn't so they told me to send it back and they'd work on it.

By this time I had less than 20% of my battery and I was frantically trying to get everything backed up (that I'd changed since it had been installed on May 12). My battery died in the middle of my backup so I didn't get everything. I have to hope and pray that they don't do a factory reset on the hard drive or I'm screwed.

My battery died in the middle of my backup so I didn't get everything. I have to hope and pray that they don't do a factory reset on the hard drive or I'm screwed. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2017

Hi Deborah,

I'm sorry to hear about this! Free Trello accounts are now limited to only being able to enable one Power-Up on any board, but that now includes any Power-Up, like the Custom Fields Power-up. If you're seeing the message that you've enabled them all, you might be seeing a message offering you to upgrade, where you can click "No Thanks," and you'll then be able to disable the one Power-Up that's on.

Trello Gold members are able to turn on three Power-Ups—perhaps you had invited some people to Trello and earned a few months worth of free Gold? That would have allowed you to turn on those additional Power-Ups, but if your Gold subscription expired, you wouldn't be able to continue with 2.

I would suggest that you reach out to support@trello.com, and we can dig a little more into your account history, and we'll be able to get this sorted our for you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events