Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power-up to push to other cards

Niki Lentz November 3, 2021

We have our system set up with multiple client boards and an internal one. 

We move data from the client's cards to our internal cards when a  request comes in, 

The work is done in our card and we add internal notes.

Once complete, we then move the deliverables back to the client's card for delivery.

It takes a decent amount of time for our team to download/copy from one card to the other and back so I am looking for any suggestions on how to make this process more efficient using a power-up.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2021
Niki Lentz November 12, 2021

Thanks.  I reached out to them with my scenario and it won't work.  I will keep them in mind for the future though.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2021

@Niki Lentz 

Would you be able to share why it would not work for you? When Trello changed the attachment policy recently, I created a custom power up to zip attachments intended to be shared externally. 

**Update**

Created a module that can be called via the http request from within Trello automation that will create a copy of the attachment with the same name on another card.

All it needs is the {triggercardidlong} and the equivalent for the destination card. The implementation of the relationships between the cards can be via a CF. cardlink or a lookup of cards.

The module will check for /download/ in the url as this is the new implementation for attachment from Aug 24. Presently, there is no exclusion criteria but it can be incorporated easily by having a checklist("Exclude") that has the filenames to be excluded.

My earlier module keeps a copy of the file in my filesystem but in this version does not. The best use case is to invoke it to run asynchronously since there can be several large attachments. 

1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2021

Hi Niki! You and the team might benefit from Unito's 2-way board sync. I've helped implement a lot of use-cases like yours, so it's a super common way to use Unito. You can set up a workflow so that when a certain thing happens, the card from the client board is auto-synced to your internal board, and changes you make to cards in your internal board will be synced back to the client boards. This will then allow your team to just work out of one board. Happy to help if you're interested in exploring this :)

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2021

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows 

Are you able to confirm that Unito would work with attachments after Aug 24 especially in a use case where client has no access on the master board? It is now a download link from Trello.com. I have not found a way around it with my own sync power up because it remains a copy of the url on the client’s card. Thanks.   

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2021

@milynnus yes, Unito is still able to sync the true attachment from one board to another. I believe that the changes Trello released back in August meant Unito had to make some changes to how they handled attachments.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events