Possible to copy board with team members associated to the cards?

Ayelet Golz April 6, 2018

We've got a board template for a recurring event we put on and we copy the board at the start of the event planning process for that event. Each person on the team does the same thing for each event so we'd really like a way to copy the board with all the cards already associated to the team member who takes care of that task. Anyone know how or if I can do this? If it's not built in, is there an integration I can use to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2018

Hey Ayelet,

There's not a way to copy a board and keep the members assigned to the cards.  When you copy a board in Trello, users are not transferred over in the member list, so you have to manually add them.  

You can use Butlerbot to copy the board and keep the members in the member list, but they still won't show up on the cards.  A possible workaround would be to add labels to each card based on the user. Say Megan is assigned to a card and also has a yellow label named Megan. Then when a board is copied, you can have Butlerbot assign a member to each card based on the color label.  Does that sound like it would work for you use case? If so, let me know and I'll guide you through the setup.  (PS: This is using Butlerbot in a different way than using the Butlerbot Power Up)

Ayelet Golz April 9, 2018

Thanks Matthew - do you think it could be done with the free version? We've got about 25 cards on the board that would be copied every month. If so, I'd be interested in trying it out so if you can send over instructions on how you'd do that, that'd be great. If not, thanks anyway, but I'll pass.

Wesley Hader June 12, 2018

Hello Matthew, 

I came across this post looking to do the same thing as Ayelet and have added Butler to my board. I am curious if you would be open to explaining the method of assigning members based on labels a bit more to me. After messing around with this for a while, it's still unclear to me exactly how this could be accomplished. 

Thank you in advance! 

Armen Kosakyan November 23, 2019

Hi Can you give me some guide to do that ???

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events