Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinning cards to the top of the list.

Eric Rivera July 2, 2020

I have setup some cards as my headers on all my lists with graphics and colors as a label to the list.  Whats happening is, when I run my butler automation which archives all cards in the list that are 5 days old, it archives the card that I setup as a header.  Is there a way to lock the card so that the automation doesn't affect it?  Maybe pinning it somehow?  Every 5 days that card get thrown into the archive and then I have to manually place it back in to my list.

Perhaps with butler I can move the card back to my list after I run the archive command?

See snapshot.

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 2.18.15 PM.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Eric Linnert
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2020

Hey @Eric Rivera,

Thanks for the suggestion. Frozen/pinned cards is currently not possible but has certainly been floating around internally as an idea, so I went ahead and followed up on it (personally, I'd like it as well). No promises on anything there, but I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.

Regarding your specific issue with Butler, you are correct in that a workaround is definitely possible. One option could be to have a combo of Butler rules that essentially copies the header card and then immediately archives the source. You could set this to run within 5 days so that the header never gets archived by your preexisting archive rule. 

Hope that helps.

-Eric

Eric Rivera July 2, 2020

Hey Eric :),

I dont see any copy function in butler.

Eric Linnert
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2020

Once you set a trigger, you can select to copy via the "Move Cards" action tab: 

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 2.21.46 PM.png

You can specify which card(s) to copy based on your parameter of choice :) 

Eric Rivera July 5, 2020

So I did the copy command first then tried to archive all items more than 5 days old I and go the following error below.

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 2.28.20 AM.jpg

Eric Linnert
Atlassian Team
July 6, 2020

Perhaps you could keep each butler command separate? So, have 1 command for copy and a separate for archiving. 

Eric Rivera July 6, 2020

Can I set the order order in which each butler command will execute?

Eric Linnert
Atlassian Team
July 6, 2020

Sort of. You can set times for each command. For example, you could have the copy command set to run every day in the morning, and then have the archive command set to run right after that: 

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 4.05.49 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events