Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures not loading on Trello iOS app with VPN

Alex Alekseev July 14, 2020

On the iOS app (and macOS app) pictures in the card attachments and covers are not loading with the VPN turned on. When I turn the VPN off, all the pictures load up. It did not use to be the case until about a month ago. This does not seem to be a problem for the browser version. 

I am using iPhone XS, iOS 13.5.1, latest version of Trello app, Nord VPN

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2020

Hi Alex,

It sounds like that VPN connection is having a problem contacting the AWS servers where attachments get stored. Given that it's working without the VPN, I think we can narrow down where the trouble is. If you connect to a different Nord VPN server, does it still happen?

You might have more success reaching out to Nord VPN to see if they have any suggestions or can offer any diagnostics as far as their network is concerned. If it's persisting, let us know at https://trello.com/contact and we'll be glad to investigate a little further!

Alex Alekseev July 17, 2020

Hi Mike,

Tried a bunch of different servers, no effect. By the way, I was wrong about no problems in the browser version. Pictures are not loading in the browser, either. 

It is weird, though, because a month ago or so pictures were loading properly.

Alex

Eugenio Perea July 22, 2020

I'm seeing the same. I'll reach out to NordVPN. Anything I might tell them from the Trello side that may help?

Alex Alekseev July 22, 2020

After playing around with NordVPN settings and reading their help docs, it looks like turning CyberSec off allows the pictures to load. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events