Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom Cardbox Email Power Up

Nicole Jeanne Wood August 6, 2021

I've been using the Cardbox Power Up and it's been wonderful, but I started having issues where the "Attach" button is no longer showing up on the cards, on some boards.  I do have my workspace and boards set to Private, or Members only, and all permissions I can find are set as they should be.  

I've been talking with the developer, and he hasn't been able to identify an error within the code, and I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason why it is showing up sometimes, sometimes not, and sometimes showing up, I attach an email, and it disappears; but then I can close the card, and see the email is attached, and I'll see it upon opening, but when I attempt to attach another email, it vanishes again.

Some cards/some boards the button isn't even there, at all.

The only other odd thing I noticed, that seems to correspond, is the boards where it IS showing up, the powerup icons are in color, but on the boards where "attach" is missing from the cards, the icons (on the card) are all grey-clickable, but greyscale. 

Some other powerups are also missing, sometimes, such as the Custom Fields powerup, but not consistently or with any pattern I've been able to identify.

Please tell me someone has a fix because I am stumped and this powerup has become an important part of my Trello workflow.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2021

Hi Nicole,

It sounds like you're having issues with the power-up, Gmail by Cardbox. I recommend reaching out to them at support@getcardbox.com if the problem lies with this power-up as this power-up is not developed by Atlassian/Trello.

If power-ups are being disabled on your boards, it may be because you have downgraded from Business Class to free, or moved boards out of your Business Class workspace, and therefore these boards need to go back to adhering to our one power-up per board limit. This automatically disables your power-ups. 

If you want us to investigate further, you can raise a ticket at trello.com/contact. I can also raise this ticket for you if you wish.

Cheers,
Alex

Nicole Jeanne Wood August 9, 2021

I have been in contact over the past few days with the developer of the Cardbox Powerup.  He has examined the code and helped me to troubleshoot.  The only solution I found was to disconnect from the Planaway extension and power up completely.  Upon doing this, Cardbox seems to be working again.
I didn't have any issue with anything being disabled-the Cardbox powerup was working intermittently.  All is good on the front of by business-class account and where by bords are located.  
That said, I didn't realize this was a forum strictly for Trello (and not any of its components).  I thought that maybe someone else experienced this and could offer a solution. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the input-

Nicole 

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2021

Hey Nicole,

Great to hear that you were able to resolve this with the Cardbox developers! 

The forum is for Trello and its power-ups and some developers of third-party developers do answer questions here, as well as other users of the power-ups, but it depends on the power-up, so I directed you to their email in case you needed a quicker response as you hadn't gotten one yet. But it seems that you have been able to resolve everything on your end which is great!

Cheers,
Alex

Nicole Jeanne Wood August 10, 2021

Perfect!  Thanks so much for your help!! Have a good one! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events