Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern for creating a scheduled report using Butler in Trello

Kristina B March 18, 2020

I am a total novice at this Trello lingo.... and beginning to think I am in over my head. 

My end goal is to be able to receive an automatic report in my email inbox of all cards from a list (Meeting To-Do Items). 

What am I doing wrong? 

every monday at 9:00 am, create a report in variable "Doing" with all cards in list "Meeting To-Do Items" using pattern "- [{cardname}]({cardlink}) ({cardmemberusernames}) {{%Priority}} => DUE on {cardduedate}", create a report in variable "Done" with all cards in list "Done!" using pattern "- [{cardname}]({cardlink}) ({cardmemberusernames}) {{%Priority}} => DONE on {{%Completion Date}}", and send an email notification to "(my email)" with subject "Progress Report for Week #{weeknumber}" and message "Doing:\n\n{$Doing}\n\nDone:\n\n{$Done}"

Currently, it looks like this when I receive it: 

Trello.JPG

2 answers

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2020

Hi

You should try by adding "space" before and after \n sequence.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2020

@Kristina B The command looks correct, if you're certain you haven't got any typos in the list names, what I would recommend is testing each part manually. So create a board button that creates a report for just one list with a simpler card pattern and instead of emailing it, create a new card with the report variable in the description.

If that works, try making the pattern more complicated, adding 2 variables, and so on, adding things one by one until you find what breaks.

Kristina B March 19, 2020

Here's a silly question -- does the variable have to match anything on the list? Currently, the two list names I'm trying to get a report on are 'Meeting To-Do Items' and 'Done!'.

I put 'Doing' and 'Done' as variables in the command so they show up in a easy to read format through email. Could that possibly be throwing it off? 

Thank you so much for your time! 

Kristina B March 19, 2020

Update: 

I was able to get the report to come through but the priority levels are not showing up in the emailed report. It's not pressing so I am going to just roll with it. 

Thanks again for your feedback! 

Harrison Carr June 16, 2021

Hi Kristina! I'm having a similar issue, but my report does not line break my tasks, did you find a way around this? Here's my automation: 

every 2 weeks on monday, create a report with all cards with custom field "Area of site" set to "Front-End" using pattern "- [{cardname}]({cardlink})" group by list, and send an email notification to "myemailaddress@test.com" with subject "Front-End Application Support Ticket Status" and message "{$report}"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events