Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Binary Data file attachment turns to unknown file in card

tricks_12143 April 14, 2020

Good day,

I have this problem in the Trello api "add attachment" via binary data. It seems that when the binary data is being pass to the card it changes to an unknown file.

I am using a function that will convert HTML to PDF and use its Binary Data output to pass to the request. I already tested it if the file is downloadable in local and it has no problem so far.

Capture.PNG

This is the structure of the request that I am using.Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

2 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2020

@tricks_12143 yeah I've never been able to get actual file uploading to work. I have only been able to make link attachments work. In some cases where I need a "file not a link" I've resorted to using the Google Drive API to save the file then linking to it from there. @Bentley Cook might know more

tricks_12143 April 14, 2020

@Iain Dooley thanks for the reply, I might consider that method. I've been struggling on this the whole day.

0 votes
bentley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2020

For reference, I made this Glitch project to demonstrate ways to use the attachments API https://glitch.com/edit/#!/trello-attachments-api?path=README.md%3A1%3A0

Briefly looking at it again leads me to believe that there isn't a way to upload a PDF as Binary Data and have it attach as a .pdf to the card. The API does something a bit wonky and won't hold onto the filtetype as you'd expect.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events