Outlook email into a trello card

I know that I can forward an email to a specific email address ("email for this card" option under "share and more")to add it as a comment to a card in Trello, but I was wondering if there is MS Outlook add-on to do the same thing. I found an add-on but that only adds the email as a card which in my opinion is little useless since I would like to add the email communication to a specific task. Can you help?

1 answer

Hi Oz,

Currently, this Outlook add-in (http://help.trello.com/article/1075-outlook-add-in) is the extent of our integration with Outlook, and will only create a new card, as you've found. Most integrations aren't able to add to existing cards because of the potential of having many cards on a board—that UI would be a little difficult to work with. Nevertheless, I’ll let the team know this is something you're looking for!

Yes, I definitely agree that being able to send an outlook.live email INTO a card -  comment section or separate correspondence tab rather than creating one would be awesome! Please do it soon?

Rich Ressel

Actually, any email service if possible.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 20, 2018 in Trello

Get inspired with Trello & earn free Gold

A blank Trello board can be both a beautiful and intimidating thing. How many lists should I have? Is creating 10 labels overkill? How can I best track my progress? Is there a way...

16,761 views 0 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you