Outlook Trello Add in - Set "Include email attachments" to off or never

Michael Cleary October 30, 2018

Hello, I am using the Trello Outlook Add-in to create cards directly from Outlook messages. I need to set the card export to NOT include email attachments by default when creating a card. I am dealing with sensitive data that can not be sent to Trellos servers. In order to make the card creation secure and usable I need to remove the possibility of certain data being sent to Trello (Amazon) servers.

I think it is a VERY important feature for those who can not send company data to an outside server. In fact, there should probably be a "Never send email attachments to Trello" option so that sensitive data is never transferred to Trello (Amazon) servers. 

Is there a way to have “Include email attachments” set to off by default?

Any information would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2018

Hi Michael,

Blair here from Atlassian. I understand you'd like to disable the automatic inclusion of attachments when using the Outlook Add-in for Trello. Because Microsoft built the Add-in, we recommend reaching out to Microsoft's support team at trelloaddin(at)service(dot)microsoft(dot)com for a deeper dive into this -- they'll have a better understanding of potential workarounds or future product developments that may suit your use case. 

Thanks so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events