Order Tracking for Customers

Cam Donald June 11, 2020

Anyone know of a software that Trello can integrate with that allows customers to log into a dashboard to track their order status. We use trello for custom sports clothing production order management and we really need somewhere where customers can login and be given some form of status of their custom order. The order status could even be the title of the List Name and we drag each card(order) down the list as it enter different stages of production which would then update the status of the job in the customer dashboard. Anyone got any thoughts? Maybe Zapier might integrate trello with a particular platform?

Thanks!

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2020

@Cam Donald If you're dealing with custom orders, I assume this is not going to be a particularly high traffic web application. As such, a web page deployed using Google Apps Script and integrated with Trello using Trellinator might be suitable. You can read about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

By default, Trellinator doesn't respond to GET requests (ie. if someone just hits the URL) but I've used it for a couple of applications where I wanted people to be able to provide some input and get some basic info out. You can make it look nice, but the only constraint is that it will not cope with more than about 5 concurrent connections so if you have hundreds of customers looking per hour you might find some performance problems.

For example you could present a form that allows people to enter their email and order number in order to get some status info about what's going on in the board.

Another option would be to send email updates directly from the Trello cards, you could use Butler to trigger emails to Zapier. When I do this, I email Zapier's email parser with some structured data, then use Gmail to forward on a properly formatted email:

https://parser.zapier.com/

You could also use my product BenkoDesk, combined with Butler (or Trellinator) to automate emails out to customers with status updates, this would mean that you could also receive replies directly inside Trello and continue the conversation there:

http://www.benkodesk.com/

SendBoard also allows you to do shared email in Trello:

https://sendboard.com/

Cam Donald June 14, 2020

Thanks mate, awesome answer. !!

I know a little bit of coding but really want to capitalise on the google apps script. The whole enter order number and email thing sounds good! Is this something you could help with if I email you directly if you have time or maybe there are some good templates out there you know of?

Thanks Iain!

1 vote
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2020

Have not worked with Zapier but we Wayscript and telegram chat bot and py-Trello you can do almost anything. Built a social package delivery MVP & food ordering with delivery MVP

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2020

@Cam Donald thanks for accepting my answer and earned me a badge 😊. I had a second look at your question and I think I have a simple enough solution way for you. Wayscript has a Trello module that can search a board. It has a form module where you can accept the query. You can then feed it to that Trello module and return the results  via an email. Will prototype it tomorrow. It is similar to the search you do on the board and I used the same using py-Trello in my bot. 

Like Cam Donald likes this
Cam Donald June 14, 2020

Sounds awesome thanks mate! I doing my best to understand your solution haha but it sounds workable! I think I may add one quick thing to my original needs, which is if a customer was to "login" so to speak, would be nice if they could someone see all the jobs associated to them via some form of meta field associated to the job and the customer which pairs them. Maybe this might influence someone to build their own power up as this would be quick handy for a lot of people I imagine ;) ;). 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 5.02.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-15 at 5.02.11 AM.png

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 5.17.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-15 at 5.05.34 AM.png

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2020

Test shows that it can search also on both the Card Name and Card Description as well

Cam Donald June 14, 2020

Awesome stuff mate, thanks for your help. Will definitely be looking more into this. Let me know if you have any spare time on your hands ;) 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2020

Sure. Do note I am in Singapore UTC+8. OK with Zoom, Google Meet if you need to see stuff.

Cam Donald June 14, 2020

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events