Option to turn off automatic card covers?

Handyman Headlee August 17, 2022

Is it possible to stop Trello from automatically adding card covers? Many of our cards have photos, but they are usually detail oriented and don't make good card covers. So every time we add a photo to a card, it automatically creates a cover that we have to manually remove.

Thanks for any suggestions.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rafael Dill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2022

Hi @Handyman Headlee ,

Rafael here from Trello support, I hope you're doing okay!

It is possible to remove this function but be warned that, if you remove this feature, Trello won't include any pictures as card covers in the future. This goes for all the cards on that board.

To remove, go to our menu by clicking on the "..." on the right-upper side of your screen, click on settings, and then you would see "Card covers enabled" and click on it to disable.

Hope this information helps!

All the best,
Rafael Dill
Atlassian Support - Trello

Silvia Cornejo November 3, 2022

I can't find this option...

If I go to  right-upper side and Settings, this is what I see (picture below)

and I can't read the "Card covers enabled" anywhere.

Could you please assist me here?

Thank you

Captura de pantalla 2022-11-03 a las 13.18.58.png

Rafael Dill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2022

Hi Silvia! Welcome to the community! Actually, it's not on your profile settings that you can see that option, when I say "go to your menu" I'm referring to a menu on a board. So go for any of your boards, then you shall see the 3 dots (menu) in the upper-right corner:

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 10.45.29 AM.png

Let us know if you can't find it, ok?

Like Silvia Cornejo likes this
Silvia Cornejo November 3, 2022

I found it!

Shame I have to do it one by one... 

Many thanks!

Like Rafael Dill likes this
1 vote
Handyman Headlee August 20, 2022

Thanks, Rafael! We do use covers (just don't want Trello to automatically choose them) so turning them off entirely won't be a good option for us. Guess we'll have to keep manually removing the automatic covers. If this could be addressed in a future release it would be very helpful for us. Thanks again for your response!

0 votes
Ruben Agerriis May 31, 2023

Was looking for the same thing.

Would be nice if adding pictures to a card, didn't add it as a cover automatically.

In my job, I have to add pictures to a lot of cards and there are a lot of cards, so it gets really messy with so many cards with pictures as covers.

After I remove the pictures as covers, which takes a lot of time, it all looks nice again.

Please remove this "feature", as it's cumbersome.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events