Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Pdf's in Win 10 app keeps changing

Kent Trigg October 17, 2021

When we started with Trello Pdf files would open in a preview window. This worked well.

About a month ago the security update changed how they were handled and they started opening in browser. A little frustrating but still workable.

A week ago it changed again and attachments no longer open in browser but are instead downloaded from the browser, adding several extra clicks to the process. This last change has made the process very frustrating. Our company attaches to Trello and prints Pdfs regularly.

There doesn't seem to be any difference in behavior between Edge and Firefox and I searched in both browsers settings on how to open by default to no avail. If there's a workaround option to open Pdfs from Trello and print with minimal steps it would be appreciated. Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Jake Rill October 18, 2021

On edge you can set your download settings to ask you to open before downloading.  This saves it from automatically downloading and you can open it with just an extra click.  I believe you can also do it with Chrome.  This is how we are surviving at the moment.  Hoping preview within Trello comes back very soon.

Operations Adria Calix October 18, 2021

I have the same issue.My settings are set up to not download but open , and yet it downloads and so does to all my colleagues at work.Trello did something with their program so they should fix it.

Thiago Baltazar Carvalho Santos October 19, 2021

I have the same problem and it's set to open and not download. Hope the functionality comes back soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events