Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open a specific card from anywhere - mac

Aymeric Dujardin May 11, 2020

Hi, 

I use trello on the app on my mac. I would love to have a shortcut keystroke that I can use to go (from anywhere) straight inside of a specific card, and even pre-click the "add an item" from a checklist inside this card ; so that just after I hit the keystroke I am ready to writte my new item in the specific card on the trello app.

It's a move that I otherwise have to do a lot of time everyday and it'd be great if I could just jump straight there, whetever I'm doing before. Any ideas ??

Thanks for you help !

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2020

Hi @Aymeric Dujardin 

Just a thought, but you could create a shortcut on Chrome or Safari for that specific card, and then you can just click on that and it'll open that card that you want.

You don't have to have a name on the Chrome bookmarks bar, you can just have a symbol. I don't have names for a lot of mine:

Screenshot 2020-05-14 at 12.46.57.png

So if you have a card that you want to open at any time without having to find it again, you could bookmark it, which would open it directly in one click.

I know you want to know how to do it on the Mac App, but this could be a workaround for the moment (especially if you use Chrome extensions for Trello - of which there are many and most of them are useful!)

Don't know if this helps at all, but I thought that I would mention it!

Esme :)

Aymeric Dujardin May 16, 2020

Yes it's true it works quite well also, anyway I'm using it both on the webb app and the mac app so it works as well !! Thanks for pointing it out, I updated my bookmarks bar, quite clean without the text !! ;) 

thanks a lot :)

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2020

Awesome! I'm pleased that it works for you!

I've found that you can fit a lot more onto the bar if you don't have names, it's been a lifesaver! And most of the time we know what the symbols are without having to have the names, it's really great to not have them cluttering up the bar!

If this answer was helpful, would you mind accepting it, so that others know this worked for you?

Esme :)

done ! 

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2020

@Aymeric Dujardin You could combine the CTRL+OPTION+Space desktop app shortcut:

https://blog.trello.com/trello-desktop-app-for-mac-and-windows

with a Butler command to add the card you create as a checklist item:

2020-05-12 at 10.30 pm.png

Aymeric Dujardin May 14, 2020

Hello @Iain Dooley 

it sounds like a good way, but I don't understand how you fill the "find a card with link" ? Because everytime it's going to be a different link you know. 

And we agree that the checklist item you create with the cardname will appear in the checklist "My Checklist" (in your case) in another list, in another card already existing, right ?

Thanks for your help

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2020

@Aymeric Dujardin ah okay when you said "straight inside of a specific card" I thought you meant it's the same card. You can choose the list and board that you create the card in with that shortcut, so perhaps you could set up a number of butler rooms to sort them into different cards. 

Ok I see, but so far I don't think I'm enough of a butler pro to make it happen, although it would be nice. I think I'll stick to @Esme Crutchley

Thanks a lot anyway :)

Like Esme Crutchley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events