One project, multiple boards

Jaya Phillips December 29, 2017

Hi! I'm going to start using Trello to manage client projects. Looking for some advice on organization. It seems Trello boards are the highest level in the hierarchy? So I would have each client/project as a Trello board. Then would I be limited to just one level of lists for things like each project happening for a client?

I'm trying to figure out how to do the "to do" "doing" "done" lists but also within different categories. IE: I do online business management with some of my clients so

I'd like to have a hierarchy like this:

My company team...
Client name... 
Projects (website, newsletter, social media, etc)...
lists like to do, doing, done with task cards inside the lists

Is that possible? I used to be able to do it in Asana, but Trello seems better in lots of ways and clients are more easily able to incorporate Trello than Asana, which isn't as visual.

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

Hi Jaya,

The only level higher than board is a Team, so you could consider setting up separate teams for each client or project.

Alternatively, Business Class teams have the ability to add "Collections," which are like folders to organize their boards. That would create an additional layer between the team and boards. That way, you could maintain one team to house all of your boards. Keep in mind that Business Class is a team-based upgrade, and it's charged per team-member, but you can always add members directly to a board (instead of to the team) at no extra cost.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events