Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once an item is complete on a checklist, is it possible to move to the next card unchecked?

Kim_Blackburn June 5, 2020

I have a process for new students into my school and within the process I have separate cards e.g. Initial Enquiries (and I have a checklist on that board of students names). Then the next card is Responded so basically when I have put the name of the student on the initial enquiries, I want it to move to responded unchecked when I've checked it on the initial enquiries.

Is there a way to do this please?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2020

@Kim_Blackburn if I'm understanding you correctly, you have a card with a checklist containing the names of students and when one of these checklist items is completed, you would like a checklist item with the same text to be created on the card that represents the next phase in the process, if so this Butler command would do the trick:

2020-06-06 at 3.15 pm.png

Kim_Blackburn June 7, 2020

Yes that's exactly what I want and I've actually used the Butler to move the names as lists now and attached a label so that when the label is attached it moves to the next list.  However, I do get confused with cards and lists so maybe I'm not performing the right action.  Basically I have a checklist under New Students called Responded e.g. Joe Bloggs, Any Name etc and not all of them get checked off at the same time but when I have responded to Joe Bloggs for example, I want that name to then move off the checklist under New Students and appear in the next Card called Responded.  I will try the rule above and see if that works for me.  Thanks :-)

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2020

@Kim_Blackburn to avoid confusion, the basic construction of Trello is very simple, you have:

Boards

Lists

Cards

Boards contain Lists

Lists contain Cards

You can then add a bunch of stuff to cards, like members, dates, labels, checklists and so on. The rule above should do the trick but you may need to modify the names as required.

Kim_Blackburn June 8, 2020

Yes I think it's something I'll get used to the. more I use it obviously.  Is there an undo button at all like control Z?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2020

@Kim_Blackburn not as such but you can see what you've done recently in the board menu activity feed and undo it (ie. if you archive a card, you'll see that in the activity feed, click the card link and send it back to the board):

https://help.trello.com/article/822-the-board-menu

1 vote
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2020

I'm not sure if this helps but you can use the keyboard to move through the cards on a board.  When a card is open, use 'j' to move to the next open card.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2020

@Michael Pryor I didn't actually realise you could use the vim navigation keys when the cards were open :) I've used this multiple times since reading this answer, thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events