cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old design

Alex June 16, 2023

Hello,

I don't like the new design and new look of colors at all. It looks so bad!! :/
Is there a way to go back to the previous design?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2023

@Alex Welcome to the Atlassian community

As of the 6/15/2023 there is not way to revert back to the old version. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/The-end-of-an-era-bidding-farewell-to-Trello-s-original-theme/ba-p/2387030 

Alex June 17, 2023

Thank you, Brant.

I really can't understand why companies do these things. I really hate this new design, and we will search for another program for our task lists. It's a very bad decision, and it's a shame because we have been using Trello for the past five years

TN June 18, 2023

Totally agree with you Alex. Can´t understand why the design needs to change constantly for the worse. Looking for alternatives now too, after using Trello for 5+ years.

TN June 18, 2023

I mean why the hell do we need so many pixels space between lists? And why do the lists now have a big border around them? It´s all super spaced out now and I need to scroll trough the board, whereas before the whole board was all visible with one view.

And all the labels that we carefully designed for our workflow need to be re-done.

And after we´re done with this, there is probably another "Re-design" coming and it starts all over again. Super fed up with this.

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2023

I can't justify the amount of work I'd have to do to implement it. But there's a possibility with 3rd party Chrome extensions for instance. Specifically the kind that messes around with the CSS of a page. I used to tinker around with Stylebot back in the day for instance.

Might be possible to somehow get it to detect when a label with a certain colour appears on the page, and replaces the colour? Its a bit too much work to ensure consistent application in all the different cases, especially as I'm no good with CSS, as well as a way to maintain it across a team, but that might be something to look in to for other teams?

Really depends on if there are compelling must-have features that Trello provides, that you'd be willing to put time in to something like this, versus any switching cost of going to another productivity tool.

Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2023

Oh huh.. it was actually way easier than I was expecting it to be, a single line of code per colour even.. messed around with Inspect and throwing questions at ChatGPT

Stylebot, applied over Trello.com

:root {
--ds-background-accent-yellow-subtle: #ffed4a;
}

And you can manually override what colour that specific shade of yellow shows up as. But you'd have to manually inspect the 30 colours to see what their names are, as the html file lists almost 300. Reworking all the colours is probably too much work, and overall fragile to any updates Trello makes anyways. But it might be worth switching just the colours causing issues with your own workflow.

Alas, this is but a dirty workaround, as its local only to the browser you apply it on. So on top of being fragile, it becomes pretty unmanageable the more team members you have.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events