'Observer' user Billing

Krystal Alexander October 5, 2021

Looking for confirmation with regards to: Trello Business Class/Premium - 'Observer' 

Even though the screenshot indicates that the 'Observer' it is indeed an option, do I still have to pay $120 annually per individual to only have read-only access within Trello Business Class/Premium?

Highlighted Types of Trello Users.PNG

3 answers

2 votes
Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 6, 2021

@Krystal Alexander this Power-Up might help you so you can share read-only access to a board without adding them to the workspace :) 

https://trello.com/power-ups/60d93bb780ee244d5d2b1edd/external-share

"No Trello, no problem: Create secure, unique links to share boards, cards, and lists with anyone, without them having to sign up for Trello or be added to your Workspace."

Cheers,

Dan

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2021

This is super cool! I'll have to keep this in mind as I see a lot of questions like this.

Like Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_ likes this
Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 7, 2021

Yeh! Not one of ours, but looks like a great idea

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2021

Tiny Power-Ups Club has some really great stuff, the External Share one is just the tip of the iceberg. You can use all of their power-ups for $1 a month.

https://powerups.club/

Like Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_ likes this
1 vote
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2021

@Krystal Alexander my understanding is yes, it's not meant to save money so much as establish user roles and access levels. So it would be like read vs write access. I can see why it would be appealing to have a lower price for those users since it seems like they're not doing as much, but my guess it that its the same cost to provision a user whether they're editing or viewing the content.

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2021

Hi Krystal,

You have to pay for the following users in your upgraded workspace.

• Users added directly to the workspace (members or admins)
  • Users that have been added to two or more boards in the workspace (multi-board guests). This is regardless of whether or not they have been added to as Observers in the two or more boards they're on

So in summary, even if a user is an observer on all boards they're added to in the Premium workspace, they'll still be a billable user if they're a member of the workspace or a multi-board guest.

Single-board guests (i.e. users added to one board in the upgraded workspace) are not billable users, regardless of their status on the board they've been added to (member, admin or Observer). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events