Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

'Observer' user Billing

Edited

Looking for confirmation with regards to: Trello Business Class/Premium - 'Observer' 

Even though the screenshot indicates that the 'Observer' it is indeed an option, do I still have to pay $120 annually per individual to only have read-only access within Trello Business Class/Premium?

Highlighted Types of Trello Users.PNG

3 answers

2 votes

@Krystal Alexander this Power-Up might help you so you can share read-only access to a board without adding them to the workspace :) 

https://trello.com/power-ups/60d93bb780ee244d5d2b1edd/external-share

"No Trello, no problem: Create secure, unique links to share boards, cards, and lists with anyone, without them having to sign up for Trello or be added to your Workspace."

Cheers,

Dan

Brittany Joiner Community Leader Oct 06, 2021

This is super cool! I'll have to keep this in mind as I see a lot of questions like this.

Like Dan Ivory (Orah Apps) likes this

Yeh! Not one of ours, but looks like a great idea

Alex Waite Atlassian Team Oct 07, 2021

Tiny Power-Ups Club has some really great stuff, the External Share one is just the tip of the iceberg. You can use all of their power-ups for $1 a month.

https://powerups.club/

Like Dan Ivory (Orah Apps) likes this
1 vote
Brittany Joiner Community Leader Oct 05, 2021

@Krystal Alexander my understanding is yes, it's not meant to save money so much as establish user roles and access levels. So it would be like read vs write access. I can see why it would be appealing to have a lower price for those users since it seems like they're not doing as much, but my guess it that its the same cost to provision a user whether they're editing or viewing the content.

0 votes
Alex Waite Atlassian Team Oct 05, 2021

Hi Krystal,

You have to pay for the following users in your upgraded workspace.

• Users added directly to the workspace (members or admins)
  • Users that have been added to two or more boards in the workspace (multi-board guests). This is regardless of whether or not they have been added to as Observers in the two or more boards they're on

So in summary, even if a user is an observer on all boards they're added to in the Premium workspace, they'll still be a billable user if they're a member of the workspace or a multi-board guest.

Single-board guests (i.e. users added to one board in the upgraded workspace) are not billable users, regardless of their status on the board they've been added to (member, admin or Observer). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,410 views 28 42
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you