Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications

Steve June 21, 2021

I would like to set up a line on a check list and have it send a notification using the @ sign when that item was checked off on the list.  So that I get a notification once that item is finished.  

I have it set up like this:

trello capture.JPG

But it does not seem to work.  

Is there a way to set it up so that it will send once the check mark is checked off as being done?

Thanks for the Help.

-Steve

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

@Steve this command will notify the person who's user name is in the checklist item with a comment when the checklist item is completed:

when the "{*}@{*}" item is checked, post comment "@{wildcard2} {wildcard1} is done!"

However just be aware that if it's you who sets up the rule, then you won't be notified because the notification will come from yourself. You can get around this by either having someone else set up the rule or having a separate "bot" account that runs your automations for you.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2021

@Iain Dooley 

Hmmm. I tried that but did not get it to extract the wildcard variables. Might have added an extra space in the first {}. Got to try again. @Steve please take note

Update : got it to work. It did not trigger but when I qualify the trigger further with in List ABC it triggered and worked.

Like Iain Dooley likes this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

@Steve also note that if you are a BenkoBoard user:

http://www.benkoboard.com/

Then comments added by your own Butler user that tag yourself will actually put a notification card in your Inbox list (BenkoBoard is my product, it also lets you use Trello as a Gmail client but that's optional).

Steve June 25, 2021

That worked.  Thank you. 

But here is something else maybe you can help with.  We are a property management company.  We have a trello list set up for each property.  So when it sends the email when the item is checked off, is there a way for the email to show the card name that it came from, in our case the property?  The notification shows the property name, but those go away in a few weeks.  We bill our owners once a month for items like the propane tanks.   So the emails are a better way to keep track of those times.

Thank you for your help

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2021

@Steve Hmm. You can use Butler to send emails to a fixed email address, or to members on the card, but AFAIK you can't use Butler to send emails to an email address mapped by username, so you'd have to have your emails stored in a way that mapped username to email.

So if you created a list called "Email Map" and then add cards named with the member/username and with the email address of that member in the description, this works to send them an email notification with the card title and checklist item in it, instead of posting a comment:

2021-06-28 at 2.55 pm.png

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2021

@Steve 

Try using a wildcard as part of the checklist item name and then add that to a comment action.

Updatewildcard will not work but, it seems that with another person is mentioned in the item, that person will receive a notification when item is checked. I did a simple test but you should verify it. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events