Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications to/for Assistant

Mike Daisley February 22, 2021

This seems like a simple question, but I've yet to figure it out...

I want/need to set a notification to a team member when I move a card under a certain list. (Or if/when anyone moves a card under that certain list, I want her to be notified).  In essence, I want my assistant to "watch a list" on a particular board, and whenever any card gets moved to the list from anywhere else, she receives and email and text.  What I DONT WANT is the entire team getting a notification any/every time anyone moves any card on the board.

(I can set up a "watch" for ME on a card or a list, but I don't seem to be able set up such notifications to go out to my team that are members of that board.)

Any help? Like I said seems simple, but cant find the magic words in Butler or anywhere else...

2 answers

2 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

@Mike Daisley you can create a Butler rule that adds her as a member of any card moved to that list, like:

when a card is moved to list "Blah" add member "@assistant"
0 votes
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2021

You could use Butler, like @Iain Dooley said. Other option would be to tell your assistant to watch the list with their account.

You can't control what other Trello users are watching, so they'd need to watch it themselves.

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 10.00.27 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events