cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting notified when a check-item is assigned to me

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2021

When a card is assigned to me, I get a notification. When a check-item is assigned to me, I don't get notified. Is this expected? 

Screenshot 2021-09-17 121756.png

If this is expected, what's an alternative way to notify someone when a check-item is assigned to them? I'm looking for a desktop notification, not an email.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2021

For context, the workflow is:

2x Boards: member A, member B.

1. Member A creates a card for themselves on their board
  2. Member B also needs to collaborate on that card
  3. Member A adds a check-item for Member B in their card and assigns the check-item to member B
  4. The whole card is synced into Member B's board

Expected: Member B gets a notification that there's a new check-item for them in their board.

Actual: Member B gets no notification, so their action item slips through the cracks.

I don't want to add member B at the card level, because we only assign cards to one member (the person who is responsible for that card). Any other people who are involved in that card are assigned to check-items, so it's clear who's responsible for what.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2021

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows 

The notification scheme on handles when member is mentioned on an item not when it is assigned. 

https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events