Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Longer Able to Use Label Number Shortcuts

User September 18, 2022

I used to be able to press a number key and it would automatically add the label.  I considered this to be a shortcut because I didn't have to click the label menu and click the label to assign it to the card.

Now when I click the number key I get the label menu and have to click the label to assign it.  This is basically the same process as normally assigning a label and thus is no longer a shortcut. 

Was the label shortcut intentionally removed, a bug, or is something wrong with my settings?

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2022

@User welcome to the community! this was updated for accessibilty reasons - you should still be able to do it, you just need to press "tab" once more to navigate to the label options!

User September 19, 2022

@Brittany Joiner  I cannot click "6" and a label is added.  It takes twice as many keystrokes to add a label as it once did.  If I "tab" then it increase the time it takes to add a label by more than three times because I have to take my hand off my trackpad to press tab. 

Not only that, I have to actually look at the screen and make sure the correct things are happening.  I can't just click a button - I have to click a button, make sure I navigate to the correct location on the screen, then click the correct box.

Regardless of the method, adding a label requires two hands to do what once required one finger and it requires me to watch the screen navigation. So it's really not a shortcut anymore.

It seems like you guys are removing a lot functionality.  I saw in another comment you suggested the commenter "code a power-up" as a workaround to the loss of functionality.  Why do users need to build workarounds for your products?

Tim Gibbons September 22, 2022

This is a really bad change. The ease of use by just using numbers to select the label was one of the main highlights of the app, for me.

Like # people like this
Nicolas Dusautoir June 20, 2023

I do agree it is a terrible change / removal of functionality. The 'L' shortcut on the list view to modifiy labels does no longer work either.. in my opinion it is a must feature, I am wasting so much time having to open each item one by one to change labels.

Like roymarriott likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events