Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New power ups not working in mobile app

Peleg Megides November 29, 2022

Hey everyone! I just downloaded Trello and it seems amazing.

However, I tried to download the "show checklist" power up (that enables you to see the bullets in the board without clicking on the card), and it works perfectly on web but it doesn't sync into the app.

I still have the 4 default power ups, and it doesn't matter what I tried, the app won't display the one I downloaded successfully.

I've tried deleting the app's cache, buying premium subscription, authorizing the power up and deleting and then re downloading the app. 

Nothing seems to work for me.

What would you guys suggest doing? What am I missing here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

1 answer

2 votes
Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Peleg Megides 

Welcome to the community

Unfortunately Trello API doesn’t support Power-Ups in the mobile app. The 4 default ones that are available are made by Trello themselves.

The way the Power-Up APIs works is very web dependent (HTML) and so because the mobile apps are native (iOS and android) and not just web wrapper apps the powerups can’t easily be made to work.

However if you load Trello in your web browser on your phone the Power-Ups should work.

Best,

Hamza

Dora Potter January 12, 2023

@Hamza Chundrigar 

Is this something that will be remedied any time soon?

All of my guys use the Trello mobile app to see our boards. We installed a time tracking power-up so they can individually put time towards the card that are working on so having that be available in the mobile app would be SO helpful.

Thanks

Like # people like this
Fahimeh Badakhsh June 8, 2023

That is my problem too. I’m using repeating card power up on web but it doesn’t appear in the application. As the whole team need to work on mobile application not in trello web I really need it to be active and usable on mobile too. I appreciate you let me know if there is any way to do so. 

Like # people like this
Robert Lawrence July 11, 2023

100% on board with getting these to work on the app. It's a bit annoying to open Trello in an iOS web browser, while at the top of the screen, it's telling me Trello is better in the App. It's not, given the problem with powerups. Paid for the Powerups before learning they don't work in the app. My bad. 

Like # people like this
Karen Cameron
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 1, 2024

Still not available almost a year later...sigh.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events