Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New dots on labels

Lucy Heslop August 24, 2022

Hi,

How to we disable the new dots on the labels? They make reading the label words harder.

Many thanks,

Lucy

2 answers

0 votes
Lucy Heslop August 25, 2022

Hi Brittany,

Thank you for the fast response. It is appreciated.

It's all to do with visual clutter.

There isn't a problem when you're viewing the individual cards, but the list overview is now more cluttered. The dots jump out at you before the words and take up unnecessary space. They colours of the labels is sufficient to be able to tell the difference between them (with the extra option of patterns for those that can't see the difference between certain colours).

I am all for trialling new ways of doing things, but I honestly don't understand the benefit of the dots, only the more negative points outlined above.

There maybe some reason I'm not aware of and it's actually an awesome idea, but from a practical point of view, as a laptop screen user, this is not a good addition for me.

I hope that helps. Thanks again.

Lucy :)

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

Meant to respond here - thanks for sharing!! This is part of something Trello was just able to fully launch today - adding more label colors! You can learn more about it here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-dreams-coming-true-today-more-label-colors-available/ba-p/2132664

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

@Lucy Heslop hey Lucy, welcome to the community! It seems that Trello is rolling out some changes with labels, and this isn't the full change. But I've volunteered to collect some feedback for them - can you elaborate a bit more about what is making it harder to read? 

Lucy Heslop August 25, 2022

Hi @Brittany Joiner 

Thank you for the fast response. It is appreciated.

It's all to do with visual clutter.

There isn't a problem when you're viewing the individual cards, but the list overview is now more cluttered. The dots jump out at you before the words and take up unnecessary space. They colours of the labels is sufficient to be able to tell the difference between them (with the extra option of patterns for those that can't see the difference between certain colours).

I am all for trialling new ways of doing things, but I honestly don't understand the benefit of the dots, only the more negative points outlined above.

There maybe some reason I'm not aware of and it's actually an awesome idea, but from a practical point of view, as a laptop screen user, this is not a good addition for me.

I hope that helps. Thanks again.

Lucy :)

Trello Snap.JPG

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

Got it, thanks! I'll pass this on1

Like Lucy Heslop likes this
Robin Doherty September 13, 2022

Agreed, the dots are distracting.  I wasted too much valuable time trying to what was wrong with my board.  

Like # people like this
Calin Sapatoru September 13, 2022

Agreed

Lori September 13, 2022

I commented on your blog post as well about how upset I am about the dots. I want to add here that some people are saying you can just change the colors back to the ones you had before. That is a project. I get really angry when someone gives me a project. Please pass that along.

Brenda Felt September 14, 2022

If the dots could be an option, fine, but please do not make it mandatory for the color on labels.  They are distracting and I am the only one in the office that is having this problem.  I just spent 10 minutes attempting to get rid of them and I can't.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events