Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New card cover UI?

MetBril June 1, 2020

This morning, I was adding some covers to cards. I had the opportunity to specify the look of the cover. For example to have the title over the image (instead of under it), and have the text in regular black or white (for dark images). And have the image cropped nicely into a fixed size.

Since I'm new to Trello, I thought this was default behaviour. A few hours later, I am (apparently) back to the 'old' UI, where I can only upload an image or pick one from Unsplash, but no formatting.

Unfortunately I didn't take any screenshots.

Might I have been given a new UI during A/B testing temporarily?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2020

It's rolling out (not an A/B test) but we found a few issues so had to roll back, fix, and will start rolling out again.  Wheeee! card colors! *shhh will get announced in a few days*

MetBril June 1, 2020

I won't tell anyone. 🙊

Jennifer Carlson June 3, 2020

Does the card covers function work right now?  I don't see a button for it.  I'm on a free version.

MetBril June 3, 2020

It's live for some time now. You should read the accompanying blogpost.

Jennifer Carlson June 3, 2020

Thanks.  I read the blog post several times, but my card backs do not have the "cover" button.  Not sure what I'm missing or doing wrong.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2020

1. First, add an image to a card (drag and drop, or upload the image attachment)

2. one the attachment there should be a link that says "Make Cover" (this is on the back of the card)

3. Once you make it a cover image, at the top of the card (on the back) you will see a "Cover" button over top of the image.

Like MetBril likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events