Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer Implementation

Bill Hood July 21, 2020

Before going one direction I am looking for some advice from current users.

I am wondering if it is better to have different boards for each customer implementation or do the implementation in the same board.

90%+ of what needs to be completed and documents collected will be the same information.  But we have a need to make sure we can see what is happening with each customer.  Implementations can take from 21-days to months.

We will also be integrating with Zoho CRM if that makes a difference.

1 answer

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2020

@Bill Hood I use a "board per client" approach with an overview "board of boards" where each board is represented as a card, linked to the respective client board. This is also useful for creating automations (for example daily reporting on the overview board of activity or lack thereof in a connected client board) using the API.

This "board of boards" approach also means you can use the API to automatically copy a new board from a template and link it when creating a new card -- this is the example I use in my "something more interesting" example on the Trellinator introduction post here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events