Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need assistance with inviting team members

Julie July 18, 2023

Invite Team Button Missing

A former manager initially set up the board to allow some of management to view information on the Trello Board.  However, this manager is no longer with our dept.

I have been updating the board for years now; however now we need to invite additional managers to the view the board but I do not see an Invite Button.

I was never the Administrator of the board.  This was the former manager.

1 answer

0 votes
Carolina Lopez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2023

Hi Julie, welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Only board admins can invite other members or promote members to admin, so the only way for you to invite other people is by asking the previous admin to give you admin permissions.

If you're referring to a free Workspace and you're a Workspace member you can upgrade your team to Trello Premium, which adds several features to make managing teams a bit easier, including the ability for Workspace administrators to take control of all boards in the Workspace. You can sign up for Premium here if that's the case: https://trello.com/premium.

In case none of these options work for your situation, you can copy the board to a new Workspace and invite the members to the new board. It's not the best option, but it would allow you to manage the board in the future.

Julie July 20, 2023

Thank you Carolina for your response.  The last option would possibly work for us.  However, just curious with this option once the board is copied over to a new Workspace, would I become the Administrator of the new Workspace?

Additionally, I contacted a member of our OTS team and he assisted me with being able to Share the board to other team members.

Carolina Lopez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2023

That's correct. When you create a Workspace, you are set as admin automatically.
In this case, as it's a copy of the board, you would need to invite the members again, but after that, it would be easier to manage the members.

I'm glad that you were able to share the board with other members. If you plan to add more people, it's worth asking if this person that helped you can add you as admin.

Julie July 24, 2023

Good Morning Carolina:

Thank you for your response.  Yes, I was able to share the board and invite team members.  Many of them have not accepted at present but more time may be needed.

Would you please provide instruction on how to copy a board just in case we decide at some point to do this.

Thanks,

Julie Newman

OPH Lab

Alina Kurishko
Atlassian Team
July 24, 2023

Hi Julie, 

Allow me to step in for Carolina, as she's not available today 🙂

To copy a board, open the board's menu > click More > choose Copy board.

It's also worth mentioning that when a board is copied, cards and their descriptions will be copied over to the new board, but comments or card activity won't, unfortunately.

This article provides some additional information on how to copy a board: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/copying-cards-lists-or-boards/

Alina | The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events