Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an "OR" operator in search for many things, like overdue or due this week.

Mark Sicignano May 24, 2022

I'm trying to create a search that includes cards that are due in the next 7 days, but I also want to include overdue items as well, because overdue items need to be seen.

Right now, I have to do two separate searches.

This is what I want

is:starred -list:done (due:overdue OR due:week)

For example.

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

Hi @Mark Sicignano ! Welcome to the community :) No, I don't believe it's possible to create an OR statement when doing a global search. It looks like Trello is working on improving the search functionality though, so if you want, you can reach out to them directly to submit a feature request.

In the meantime, an alternative would be to search based on a label. So the idea would be to set up a butler automation to apply this unique label to the cards you want in your search results. E.g. 7 days (or 5 working days) before a card is due, apply the "X" label to the card. 
When the card is complete, you can have another rule to remove the label so it no longer appears in your search results (however, it may automatically not appear anyway seeing as your search contains "-list:done").

Your search operators would then be 

is:starred -list:done label:X

(you may want to make this label a gray one so it appears only on the back of the card).

Mark Sicignano May 24, 2022

Thank you @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows

If it was only this one instance that I wanted to use an "OR", this would certainly work.

But I don't want to have so many tags and Butler commands to cover other situations in my workflows.

Maybe there's an add-on out there that can get me closer.

Thanks for trying!

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

Fair enough! Yes, not the most sustainable option if there are other cases of creating OR statements. Sorry I can't be of much help here! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events