Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native or power-up method to automate checklists?

Rachael and Nicola May 26, 2022

Basically, we have a series of tasks that follow on from one another through checklists. At the moment, we have the checklists in one card, and instead of ticking off an item we will manually drag the item down into the next checklist when that portion is done.

This is quite cumbersome, so I was looking for a way to automate this. There is a rule that will allow you to create an item in a secondary checklist when an item in the first checklist is ticked, however I need to target item to be the same as the source item, which the rule does not seem to allow.

Is there a variable or a power-up I can use to mirror the ticked item and the created item?

I know there are options to do this with whole cards, but there can be upwards of 40 or 50 items in these checklists, and having individual cards for all that would be cumbersome as heck.

I found the {checklistitemname} variable which will copy the name, but I would like it to move the item into a checklist in another card so that the tasks are slit up (again because these lists have the potential to be very long.

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2022

@Rachael and Nicola 

You cannot move an item from one checklist to another. But if you have a way to find the card, you can use the same variable to add to the checklist instead.

I don't need to move them, I am happy if they just get added to the next checklist when the item is ticked in the one preceding, which I have done successfully within cards.

However there doesn't seem to be a way to point the command to a target checklist in another card that I can find.

So the answer to "if I have a way to find the card" is no I don't, as there doesn't appear to be an option to add a "in card [cardname]" modifier to the "add {checklistitemname} to checklist [checklistname] command.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2022

@Rachael and Nicola 

You are correct. I am not suggesting that it is a single action. By using a Find a card (name or link), the pointer is now on card you found and then you add the item accordingly.

Sorry I am new to automation here, how would I add a Find a Card pointer to such a command? This function seems to only be a part of larger actions, not configurable as it's own modifier?

Could you give me an example of how such a command would appear?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2022

This is perfect thank you! Simple case of not knowing where to look :) Thanks much for the help and direction.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events